FM2011 match preparation help!!

Can anyone help me figure out how to use the match day preparation screen? I can't figure out what to do. I get that you can pick 3 different formations to use during play, but are they all for the same starting 11? Do they involve substitutes for players who are better in the appropriate positions? Does this mean if you switch between formations during a match that substitutions automatically happen?

Also, whats with the special focus boxes? Do you just highlight one and the team concentrate on that area? There is no 'confirm' button anywhere on this screen so I am largely confused as to how to use this. And how do you leave all the match prep up to your assistant?

i think that it works in a way where you pick 3 different formations at the begining of a pre season. your players actually train all 3 formations during the course of the season so it basically means that they will be able to play in all 3 formations with quality, and it's up to you to chose the formation wich suits you best for the upcoming match.

special focus area is the stuff that your squad will concentrate to train only for the NEXT upcoming match..so if you are playing a strong team away, and you see they are a threat from corners etc.. you will tick def. set pieces so that your players focus on that aspect for your next match. and if you play na easy home match where you expect to dominate, you cyn tick attacking movement box so your players focus on that for the upcoming match.

both of these don't have anything to do with the players you pick, it is all based on the whole squad. and no there will not be any automatic substitutions if you change formations.

• 5 months later...

I have one formation for match prep.

Set to "team blend" on average as a default.

They day before a game I will select one of the individual training areas depending on the opposition.

After the game I will revert back to default.

Always check to see how you team is blending with the formation!

Archived