Major Pc Trouble

Off Topic I know but I was hopeing someone could help me here, Well I have a Samsung R60 laptop which keeps turning off and each time i turn it back on I get to the windows is starting screen where it just freezes,then i get a blue screen saying crash dump,then i get windows failed to start,then the system restarts and the same thing happens again and again.When it comes on it works fine untill I shut it down,then when i turn it back on later the laptop turns off again,happens mostly when I'm playing games, but also when im surfing the net.The fan is working fine so not a heat issue,Please help

SPECS

Windows 7

IntelR PentiumR Dual CPU T2330 1.60GHZ 1.60GHZ

Installed memory RAM 2.00 1.75GB usable

32 bit

Normally when it bluescreen crash dumps it will briefly come up with a range of codes/characters explainng why it has crashed.

Write those down and then post them here or google them and that should at least work our where the issue is.

Sounds like RAM but I certainly wouldn't rule out overheating components. The machine will switch itself off as a preventative, the fan may be spinning but that doesn't necessarily mean that cooling is adequate. There could be a build up of dust inside acting as insulation and can really cause problems.

I would suggest taking out a single RAM chip but you only have 2GB installed, the likelihood is that this is a 2GB chip and you therefore haven't got more than one. Instead, I'd recommend you run Memtest86 which you burn on CD and boot from. It will run a variety of tests and may therefore rule out the possibility of it being faulty memory.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Archived