[Suggestion] news items to inform us where we can finish

I'm currently playing as Boreham Wood, starting in the Blue Square South.

As a team who was expected to fight against relegation, but is actually firmly in mid-table, I think it would be very beneficial if we got a news item - perhaps from the assistant manager - informing us when we are mathematically safe from relegation, or when the automatic promotion/play-off spots are out of our reach. I'm sure there are other situations it could be used, perhaps to do with other teams catching up with us or even overtaking our rivals.

A fairly simple addition, I feel, but one that would be very useful to managers in all leagues.

What do people think about this - would it benefit you?

Am I dreaming, or doesn't the home page have a section where it tells you the range of positions you can finish?

I know it was there in a previous incarnation, I am going to check now and boot up the game.

It does, yes. Well, kind of. You need to select that as one of the two boxes to have on show, and personally, I prefer having the League Table and Finances information.

So, even if you have it on show, you don't actually get notified. And not everyone will have it on show, when there are about 15 options for two boxes.

Archived