Steam cloud and FM11

If some compression (a la Rar og Zip) is used it is possible to get the size down to 5-10 mb.. and that is nothing for those of us with fast internet subscriptions. I tried to compress a 80 mb savegame file with winrar and it was only 6 mb.

I've considered using dropbox or some other similar , but since steam has a cloud it would be perfect.. they allow up to 100mb for each user to each game. I'm not talking about FM auto saving to the cloud.. just that when you are done playing for the time you could have a "upload game to steam cloud" option and similarly when loading a game.. it would be epic!

Sure wouldn't work for my FM10 career save game. It's about 1.5GB.

wow.. all leagues and full DB? and played 100 seasons?

My biggest save on fm10 was about 250 mb and that was like 40 seasons and full db

My biggest save on fm10 was about 250 mb and that was like 40 seasons and full db

(one of you is talking about save games using the in-game compression, and one of you isn't).

Save game size is dependent on how many leagues and such are running too, i believe.

More leagues being simulated = more match highlights = bigger file size.

Hm. My current game is 540 MB, or 225 MB with compression on (the in-game compression is ZIP), and I'm only in 2018 with just England loaded (granted, it's down to level 11). A lot of people do career games with way more players loaded. I don't really see Steam Cloud working well with this, but hey, it could still be used for smaller files like tactics, training schedules, etc.

Just checked my Leeds game (2028 + full db and ENG (L2), ITA, ESP loaded) and its only 250mb uncompressed and 80mb compressed

Although I do agree that it isnt optimal, I change my request for FM2011 to FM2015 instead.. hopefully, by then we have faster internet connections and better compression algorithms :p - but then streaming FM would be even better perhaps? just like OnLive :)

All leagues are loaded, but not on playable. Just a couple of handful leagues set as playable.

If my memory serves me correctly, i think i loaded around 75k players.

Currently in 2058/59 season.

As for compressed or not, i have no idea really :p

I tend to switch between compressed and uncompressed.

Archived