Liverpool cant win a match?

This is really stupid? I have played this demo and SI have made it so hard to win a match with them its ridiculous.

SI come on lets be serious, i know they've had a bad time lately but making them completely crap is a step too far dont you think.

1. Joe Cole is rubbish, he cant even dribble the ball without falling on the floor

2. Club wasnt taken over so had to restructure the debt?

3. Players cant string passes together.

4. First touch of key players (Gerrard, Cole, Torres) is non existent

5. Players get in the box with a shooting chance and they either (a) run to the corner flag to cross or (b) cut the ball back to the wing?????? © strike it right at the keeper.

Please dont make this be the last FM i buy, because my PS3 is coming out with better games at the moment and if the game plays the same next year i will not buy it, and that will be the first time since 2000

Erm i finished 2nd after 6months with Liverpool with only 2 new signings a left back (Contreau) and Kadlec.

Granted i was lucky Gerrard and Torres didnt get injured as is was generally those 2 who ran the show. As IRL ;)

Its all about tactics and knowing your squad.

Not sure of your tactics I'm playing as Liverpool and I'm 6th in league, through to league cup semi and europa league knockout. Gerrard has scored 20 goals in 22 games playing in the hole behind Torres. I've also not bought any one, as budget was nil at start and takeover hasn't happened yet !

must be your team and tactics, im top of league played 10 won 10 scored 28 conceded 5, chelsea are second as they won 9 and drew 1. have 9 points from 9 in euro league having won all qualifying games aswell as winning all pre-season friendlies.

i did get knocked out of league cup in first game on penalties against forest after drawing 2-2 but in my defence changed the whole team to rest players.

have not signed any players but pacheco,shelvey, bruna and wilson are big parts of my match day squads.

so far very happy with game, but have a feeling that when i get proper game i wont be able to win a match.

Liverpool's squad starts off with pretty much rock bottom morale, if you cancel the pre season friendlies and replace them with easier matches you can have that problem cured by season start. The difference between Torres with poor and very good morale was massive for me.

Erm i finished 2nd after 6months with Liverpool with only 2 new signings a left back (Contreau) and Kadlec.

Granted i was lucky Gerrard and Torres didnt get injured as is was generally those 2 who ran the show. As IRL ;)

Its all about tactics and knowing your squad.

Gerrard got injured, Knee ligs, and Torres was on a scoring run of 9 in 3 games then was out for 4 weeks and has come back rubbish.

So i've had to use the squad and they are rubbish. Cant pass cant shoot cant score and no new signings.

Yes, you were lucky!

Not sure of your tactics I'm playing as Liverpool and I'm 6th in league, through to league cup semi and europa league knockout. Gerrard has scored 20 goals in 22 games playing in the hole behind Torres. I've also not bought any one, as budget was nil at start and takeover hasn't happened yet !

Ok, im not 6th and i know im gonna sound like im moaning im 4th but they are playing so poor i can see myself losing loads of games in the coming weeks. because im struggling against little teams and big teams in all comps all the time.

My tactics are sound, always have been but i can tell by the way they play that they have all been dumbed down

Liverpool's squad starts off with pretty much rock bottom morale, if you cancel the pre season friendlies and replace them with easier matches you can have that problem cured by season start. The difference between Torres with poor and very good morale was massive for me.

Interesting, i'll give that a go when the full game comes out

In my 6 month save I picked up Jo & Santa Cruz from Man City reserves for FREE and I played 20 won 20 and finished top by around 9 points just January 2nd 2010 so it's not hard. Maybe it's just your tactics. And I know everyone says that but if the AI and quite a lot of people can get them top 3 by the new year then you are definately doing something wrong.

So the demo isn't hard, you're just not as good at it as you thought you were tactically. I played as a flat 4-4-2 with Joe Coles ML but I should of put him MR but that doesn't worry me due to the fact he got alot of assists from his forward runs and funny enough Santa Cruz got 20 goals by end of demo in the league, Torress got 13 & Milan Jovanovic got 9 from memory. Not to mention Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard and that new Portaguese player in central midfield. And also Babel, Agger, Carragher. Most of my players got a couple goals here and there but there were a few who got a fair few as explained enough.

So if you take your tie and tweak the hell out of your tactics, you can go quite well in the demo

I am top after 12 games as Liverpool - Won 11 lost 1. No money so no signings.

My tactics are the same ones I used on FM2010 and seem to be doing very well.

Joe Cole is rubbish and will be sold as soon as I can when the full game comes out. Ngog and Babel are playing really well for me and Lucas is the natural replacement for Mascherano and has done really well as well.

I was going to save this one in january and then load it up and continue with it when the full games comes out. However, due to my finances at the club, i will start from scratch as in december I am about to go overdrawn so I need to start from he beginning just so the debt is cleared.

How stupid is it to post something like this after having 1 go? Also, it'll take time for the team to gel, you're probably using the wrong tactics for the wrong situations, and even then it's a lot of randomness.

As mentioned by several already, the AI manages them fine. In my current save, after 21 matches, Liverpool is number 5 in the league with 41 points- in other words doing pretty well.

It's almost provokingly irrational to blame SI at the end of your post, with an empty threat of not going to buy their game on top of it all. Shut up, go read the tactics forums on how to play the game if you really can't handle losing, or just read up on football in general. It's all you.

How stupid is it to post something like this after having 1 go? Also, it'll take time for the team to gel, you're probably using the wrong tactics for the wrong situations, and even then it's a lot of randomness.

As mentioned by several already, the AI manages them fine. In my current save, after 21 matches, Liverpool is number 5 in the league with 41 points- in other words doing pretty well.

It's almost provokingly irrational to blame SI at the end of your post, with an empty threat of not going to buy their game on top of it all. Shut up, go read the tactics forums on how to play the game if you really can't handle losing, or just read up on football in general. It's all you.

If you read the rest of my posts you'll see im in 4th place having played about 9 or 10 league matches. My tactics arent in question, im talking about the performances.

So stop mugging yourself off, and calm down

If you read the rest of my posts you'll see im in 4th place having played about 9 or 10 league matches. My tactics arent in question, im talking about the performances.

So stop mugging yourself off, and calm down

well if you are 4th, Liverpool must be doing something right. The way you started with the threads opening post, it sounded like Liverpool were in the bottom 3 for you. You should be pleased with a top 4 spot at the moment

I know, i shouldnt be too upset but the way the game plays just isnt right.

Passing and decision making is wrong and needs fixing IMO. I just expect more from SI, they're better than this.

FM07 was my all time fav, but FM10 was very close, and hoped it would flow the same way

i made it to 2nd after the demo ended, with chelsea on 100% and conceding only about 5 goals in 1st.

Cole is very much a sub in mine, as is Lucas.

Kuyt is my top rated player, followed by Gerrard, and N'Gog is top scorer, since Torres spent more time on the Physio table than the pitch. In the full game i'm gonna work out how I can sell him straight away...

This is really stupid? I have played this demo and SI have made it so hard to win a match with them its ridiculous.

SI come on lets be serious, i know they've had a bad time lately but making them completely crap is a step too far dont you think.

1. Joe Cole is rubbish, he cant even dribble the ball without falling on the floor

5. Players get in the box with a shooting chance and they either (a) run to the corner flag to cross or (b) cut the ball back to the wing?????? © strike it right at the keeper.

Please dont make this be the last FM i buy, because my PS3 is coming out with better games at the moment and if the game plays the same next year i will not buy it, and that will be the first time since 2000

Sounds bloody accurate to me!

SI/researchers have done a top job :o)

COYB

Have seen a few Liverpool games this season, the obvious one being the Merseyside Derby......

a) Was he even playing? Am pretty sure all he did WAS fall over

a) They hadn't been bought out when the data was locked (this is in about a gazillion threads already)

a) Again, from the derby, this seems pretty accurate :o)

a) see answers 1 and 3

a) No comment as i dont think they had a shot in the Derby!. Seriously though, don't forget, when players are out of form/confidence when in a one on one situation, they might well make the wrong choice/miss. And Liverpool have been that poor recently, you can bet morale is low.

I started with Liverpool and im using goalstorm tatics from fm 10 and only lost a few games. I have not bought any new players just brought a few reserve players through. Just done xmas so roll on 5 th so can get full game :) also Torres is fantastic started 20 games scored 21 goals then got injured and Gerrard scored 21 goals in 32 games

I actually had a poor start with Liverpool, drawing 2 friendlies before a shocking 5-3 defeat against Chivas, but then I picked up and won the first 4 league games and doing well in Europe.

It's easy to succeed if you know what you are doing. I have a 4-1-2-1-2 with Joe Cole at the point of the diamond. He has done well without being spectacular, while Torres and Babel (yes, Ryan Babel!) have been a brilliant partnership up front.

Hang in there Roy, just try to play more positive!

4th??? What is wrong with that with Torres and Gerrard out injured? Complaining that the squad is rubbish is a bit pointless as well, because the squad is rubbish in real life if you take out the star players. To be honest it sounds more like a bragging thread than a whinge!

Archived