FMH 2011 PSP - Release Date: November 26th

• SI Staff

I am very sorry to have to announce that the release date for Football Manager Handheld 2011 on PSP has moved back from November 5th, to November 26th.

This is because when the game was in final submission at Sony, a crash bug was found that happened after 15+ seasons in the Italian and Brazilian leagues, and we were not prepared to release the game knowing that there was a crash bug in it that would affect any users, let alone those that are playing the game in either of those two leagues.

We hope you can understand this decision, and I apologise to each of you who was eagerly awaiting the game.

Some good news though is that I can today confirm that Football Manager Handheld 2011 is in development for iPod/iPhone, and we are planning to get it finished in time for a Xmas release. Please note that unlike PC & PSP games, we aren’t able to set a release date for the game at any time, so it will appear when it appears, but as it’s still in development, it will be available some time after the PSP release.

MV - PS Store download will be available on the 1st December

You guys MUST have known this WEEKS AGO!!! the time all the umds are made and shipped etc that must take several weeks !!!

This issue was actually discovered on the day we were due to pass submission, which would have meant we'd have gone straight into manufacture. We continue testing here at SI and over at SEGA after handing the code over to Sony just as a precaution and to be on the safe side. Although this issue is unfortunate, we're glad that we spotted it and we've done the right thing in resubmitting to Sony at the expense of moving the release date to compensate having to go through the submission process again in its entirety.

The game wasn't shipped as it was in final testing. They were probably told about this last week but had to decide what to do and analyse the bug but the testing process in SI probably doesn't go up to 15 seasons as they don't allow off site testing.

Both ourselves and SEGA carry out full 30 season career tests on a daily basis (and Sony are free to do the same throughout their test cycle when the game is in submission).

It is sad to see the release date be put back because I was looking forward to getting this on November 5th with Football Manager. I'm probably going to get this for christmas now, I'm still loooking forward to it though and hopefully the bug will be fixed soon.

Ugh. Of COURSE something goes wrong, ****ing brilliant.

Does this effect the release of the iPhone version still coming out on the 5th?

The iPhone version was never due for release on the 5th November. It has always stated that there was no fixed date for the iPhone version (and still isn't as the release process isn't as black and white because of the reliance on Apple and their own vetting process.) but that it would definitely be later than the PC and PSP release date.

I can't see this problem affecting the iPhone release though. It should still be out "before XMas". And either way, surely you would prefer a game without serious bugs than with?

• SI Staff
Ugh. Of COURSE something goes wrong, ****ing brilliant.

Does this effect the release of the iPhone version still coming out on the 5th?

The iPhone game was never, ever, going to come out on the 5th.

You guys MUST have known this WEEKS AGO!!! the time all the umds are made and shipped etc that must take several weeks !!!

The issue was found 2 and a half weeks ago. It then had to be fixed, verified, new discs built, new submission dates booked, new testing cycle from Sony and once we had a confirmed release date off the back of that, which was on Friday, we talked about how and when to announce, with approval on my text above coming yesterday about 2 minutes before I posted it.

hi miles just wanted to know about a few things the release date for fmh2011,has the bug been fixed, is the 26th november 100 per cent or can it change after this,and is there any chance the date might be brought forward to maybe the 19th nov,my sons birthday is the 27th so obviously i would like to know,shame about the problems but i feel if the 26th can be guarenteed this wouldnt be so bad,thanks anyway.

I am very sorry to have to announce that the release date for Football Manager Handheld 2011 on PSP has moved back from November 5th, to November 26th.

This is because when the game was in final submission at Sony, a crash bug was found that happened after 15+ seasons in the Italian and Brazilian leagues, and we were not prepared to release the game knowing that there was a crash bug in it that would affect any users, let alone those that are playing the game in either of those two leagues.

We hope you can understand this decision, and I apologise to each of you who was eagerly awaiting the game.

Some good news though is that I can today confirm that Football Manager Handheld 2011 is in development for iPod/iPhone, and we are planning to get it finished in time for a Xmas release. Please note that unlike PC & PSP games, we aren’t able to set a release date for the game at any time, so it will appear when it appears, but as it’s still in development, it will be available some time after the PSP release.

I would rather a game was delayed, and released bug-free, than released full of bugs, with consumers basically paying to becoming beta-testers *cough* Fallout New Vegas *cough*

Actually Bantam it takes about a week to pass Apple submissions ...

It's not quite that black and white. That's the average but it can vary from that wildly. Some people have reported having their apps reviewed in a few days and some have reported it taking weeks or in some extreme cases a month or two.

I suppose it depends on varying factors such as time of year, volume of apps submitted, complexity of the app, etc as well as if it passes first time or if modification are required.

• SI Staff
Is it not something that could be fixed with a patch? I doubt many players are going to make it 15+ seasons in a couple of weeks.

No, as patches on the PSP are somewhat more complicated than the PC.

hi miles just wanted to know about a few things the release date for fmh2011,has the bug been fixed, is the 26th november 100 per cent or can it change after this,and is there any chance the date might be brought forward to maybe the 19th nov,my sons birthday is the 27th so obviously i would like to know,shame about the problems but i feel if the 26th can be guarenteed this wouldnt be so bad,thanks anyway.

The 26th is the current date based on submission time, manufacturing time, and time to distribute to retail. I'd love it to come forward a week, but it's about as likely as Watford winning the Premier League this season.

If there are any changes from this date we will, of course, let you know via these forums, but the dev work is done, so it's out of our hands now.

No, as patches on the PSP are somewhat more complicated than the PC.

The 26th is the current date based on submission time, manufacturing time, and time to distribute to retail. I'd love it to come forward a week, but it's about as likely as Watford winning the Premier League this season.

If there are any changes from this date we will, of course, let you know via these forums, but the dev work is done, so it's out of our hands now.

so as far as you are concerned then the 26th is probable,the bug has been fixed and this is the usual time it takes to get into the shops thanks for letting me know.

Hi guys. I have always been a FM on PC player - since the early Champ Manager days. Both my laptops have died so I can no longer play it :( I'm seriously thinking of getting a psp just so I can play football manager. How good is the handheld version? my particular worries are that the database will be poor and unimaginative and the game will be easy or unrealistically up and down like some of the old Champ managers. please let me know about your experiences and thoughts.

I really need to play FM soon!!

• SI Staff

The FMH games are available on both iTouch/iPhone and PSP.

The games are designed to be realistic but faster paced and somewhat less in depth than FM PC (you can blast through roughly a season in an evening on FMH imho).

The game database is based on the same one used in FM PC and contains about 20,000 players (so somewhat smaller than the PC version, but very respectable for a handheld product imho).

Hope this helps,

Marc

no its not a complete joke at all, Sony update their PSstore every Thursday and so it happens FMH11 was released on a friday, its just tough luck on you, as you have a PSP Go, Idea for you, sell the Go and get a proper psp. so you can get UMD's when they are released, so stop moaning and dont complain on here as SI cant control when the store gets updated, take this to Sony if you have a problem.

Archived