Manager Home Page Layout...(FM11)

Which Home Page Layout Do You Prefer?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which Home Page Layout Do You Prefer?

• Old/Changeable (Football Manager 10)
    • New/Unchangeable (Football Manager 11)

Can this be changed to have different items on your home page...for example ATM mine is half taken up by the news , but I want to be able to see my remaining budget for transfers/wages , can the home page be changed to see this in the demo and in the full game when released?

Thanks.

I agree 100% with this, I really don't like the new layout, feels very cramped and hemmed in to me. I'd love it to be the way it was before, could a downloaded skin change this?

I don't believe so. I'm sure I've read that the number of changable boxes is fixed. I hope someone proves me wrong though!!

I first complained about this in the Stickies when I saw the first screenshots a couple months ago, and was roundly ignored. Glad to see I wasn't truely alone...

I don't think you were. Many people have expressed their dismay. I've yet to see a response to the question, why?

Any answer on this from SI?

Dude they don't spend their whole time on these forums looking to answer questions, that they do sometimes is a bonus but at this time of year when I would hope they are all busting their balls to get this game out and work on the patches I think its fair enough that they don't instantly answer you, or answer at all.

Dude they don't spend their whole time on these forums looking to answer questions, that they do sometimes is a bonus but at this time of year when I would hope they are all busting their balls to get this game out and work on the patches I think its fair enough that they don't instantly answer you, or answer at all.

Sorry Sir, how dare I try and get a simple question answered about the game they are producing on a FORUM.

Sorry Sir, how dare I try and get a simple question answered about the game they are producing on a FORUM.

Sorry if that offended you, I was just trying to point out that you may not get an answer any time soon.

And to be honest your question in the OP has been answered, not by SI granted, but it has been answered fully and accurately.

@ J lamden: it seems your point is gathering support. If I were you I'd turn this thread into a poll asking for the return of more customisable boxes and then post a link to this thread in the wishlist. SI will take notice then. They may not answer you but they will read it.

Wether it looks stylish or not is a side issue for me, as i much prefer being able to customise the home page with the features i look at most..Now im going to have to keep clicking on vacant jobs all the time, and i know im going to miss a good job offer all because the news takes up half the screen..When i want to read the news, i will click on the inbox! IMO this is a backwards step, and needs to be changed back to the way it was..We the users should be able to have what we want on the home page, not what SI decide..

You CAN customise the home page. I don't think you can get rid of the news items column, but some of the other boxes can be customised; there's a small drop-down menu button on the top right (IIRC) of one or more boxes.

Yes, but one of those is the league table, which most people will want on their home page..Then you only have one box left that you can choose to customise..One box is just not enough, especially when the news items cover half of the screen..The space where the news items are could easily be split into 3 different customised boxes..

SI please get rid of the news items!

Agree with most here.

Get rid of the news items columns. Don't really see the point in it being there. Just a waste of space really.

And like someone else said. I'd love the homepage to be fully customisable. One can hope, eh?

You CAN customise the home page. I don't think you can get rid of the news items column, but some of the other boxes can be customised; there's a small drop-down menu button on the top right (IIRC) of one or more boxes.

Yes but now we can only customise 2, in 10 we had 3 and IIRC in 9 we had 4 customisable boxes. As everyone has said wtf is news/inbox there for?

Yes but now we can only customise 2, in 10 we had 3 and IIRC in 9 we had 4 customisable boxes. As everyone has said wtf is news/inbox there for?

You recall correctly. There seems to be a disturbing trend here...I wonder how much of the manager homepage is skinnable?...off to the Hideout!

Archived