Man on the post

Is it even worth putting a man on the post? Just put 1 on the post for a freekick, which was a shot on goal, and he basically just stood there as it went past him (on the ground). Really annoying, as it's almost like if you put them there, they'll just stand there, and make no real attempt to clear anything. Really frustrating.

I've found that unless there's a rebound, the guy on the post is just there so he can be used by the emotion system.

I saw one my guys on the post hold his head in his hands before the ball had even gone in the net (it had literally just been headed towards goal), instead of trying to move to get in the way. Was kinda funny, now that I think of it.

Hmm, now that you mention it i'll have to go back and look again. Thanks for the suggestion

Okay, after review using vertical zoom view, it does appear that the ball travelled about 2-3 feet to his side. However, the shot was a header from about 10 yards with middling velocity, and the player didn't budge an inch. I'm not saying he could have got there in time, but he certainly would have had the time to react and attempt to stop the ball. If youtube highlight uploading worked on my computer i'd upload, but no such luck.

Archived