Fm 11

If clicking one button was the fix to a leaky defense, everyone would do it. Think of that selection as just a few practice sessions of polish to one part of your team's game. If you have poor tactics or players, no amount of polish is going to clean that up. The three formations are in effect "training" those formations so that your team might be more familiar with those basic setups. Think of the club that always plays a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, but has never practiced a 3-5-2, then all of a sudden the manager sends the the 3-5-2 out on the field. The team will play more confused or uncertain than they would with a more familiar formation. What that screen does is let you set three "familiar" formations and grow some experience with those on the practice field, which should give a little boost when you send your squad onto the pitch with one of those formations. Of course you can ask your players to play any formation whenever you want, but don't be surprised if they look a little less sharp with something they've never practiced.

Does the special focus work for anyone because i keep it on defensive preperation and I sitll leak goals left, right and centre with everton, also i dont get what the three formations are on the match preperation whats that about?

the 3 formations are pretty self explanatory tbh

3 seperate formations to train in incase you change to plan b or plan c in the match

i usually set my currnet tactic as slight attack slight defensive, my 2nd formation as defensive (incase i'm winning a tight game 1 or 2-0 against a bigger team), my 3rd formation as full out attacking (incase i'm losing)

so to recap the 3 formations preperation is just to have your players training or preparing in other tactics that you can use on a match day

Archived