Stadium expansion and Youth System

I'm wondering if someone could help me out on those two topics:

- Stadium expansion:

My board keeps telling me that the community wouldn't "allow" a larger stadium. I'm at West Ham have a 40'000-seater-stadium after having expanded it at the end of the first season (I'm now at the end of the 3rd season).

- Youth System

In the second season I upgraded the Youth facilities to "State of the art". However, at the end of the 3rd season now the board rejected upgrading it, although it is now only on "Excellent".

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like you've maxed out how far your stadium can be expanded. Now you have to build a new one I believe, which you can also ask your board to do.

Facilities degrade, which is why your youth ones have gone from 'state of the art' to 'excellent'. The board may not want to re-upgrade them because of a lack of money.

Hehe...but how bad must it be at Liverpool with stealing stuff from the training ground?? :)))

Regarding the stadium, would it make a difference if I was to keep reminding the board every so often to expand the stadium so that they might decide to build one in the future?

Or what would be my options other than waiting...

I realized that at the beginning of the new season all youth facilities of all clubs have degraded (for instance Man Utd or Liverpool who had State of the Art went down to Excellent too)...but right, I just splashed the cash on a Goalkeeper and a Midfielder worth £50M so there is absolutely no money left :)

In FM10 I do believe if you keep asking then at some point they'll build you a new one. You need to be consistently filling out your current stadium and have a decent amount of money available though which, if you have no money left, will be a problem.

New stadiums cost a silly amount of cash. I had 2 new stadiums built with Farnborough in FM10 and TBH I had given up asking for the expansion, it just suddenly happen a few seasons down the line. I think saving enough moolah to fund it was what triggered the decision. You do also need the constant sell outs in your old stadium as already mentioned.

Regarding the Youth upgrade, the board should have given more of an explanation and probably said you didn't have enough money for the job.

You just have to fill out your stadium constantly and have some spare cash available. In my Bradford game after a few expansions a got a new 40k stadium after not spending my 78 mil transfer funds. The board took a 100 mil loan/25 years, but hey it's our own stadium.

But surely with the state of football these days when the technology moves onwards to the next level most of the top clubs automaticly upgrade to stay one step ahead of everyone else. It'd be nice if the game knew that with time (say a season or two) new stuff needs to be added and so on. We wouldn't even have to prompt it as not many in the position to build world class youth training facilities are just going to build it and let it get run down, they are going to want to keep it at the top with new upgrades and so on.

Basicly when you get to a certain point in terms of revenue the game could automaticly take some of your money to upgrade your facilites to keep it as one of the best. Say if you upgrade the facilites, you pay for the upgrade but also have an annual deduction to maintain it as one of the best.

Archived