3D ME :):) rubbish laptop though :(

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i did look but couldn't find anywhere else to post this new thread

Anyways....I think the new ME looks amazing and i was so exited to experience it but my laptop isint good enough to run it smoothly, even when i put the match on the slowest speed it still freezes and jumps :(

I see these ppl posting videos of goals on youtube and i can see all the fans in the stands and all the detail that has gone into this years fm11 and i have to sit and watch mine in 2D :(

Oh well christmas is coming up, so i was just wondering what kind of laptop should i buy ? i have no idea about how good it should be to load the fm11 ME perfect but i definatly want a new laptop that runs it smoothly with no problems atall, so could someone please give me some details of how good a laptop should be ?

Memory

Ram

Graphics etc ????

Thankyou :)

Oh and im loving the night games Wooooo !

a good processor will NOT help with the graphics side of things, but will reduced those nasty virus scans that you set for the middle of the night (for when you are asleep normally, but up playing FM) - a core i3 (or similar) would be suffice

RAM is definately good for getitng from one screen to another (during the continue part... anything over 3GB is good here)

Graphics - a dedicated graphics directly relates to the jerkiness of the match engine, a crap graphics (integrated) would be what you currently have and a dedicated graphics card (512Mb or 1GB) would help this process a lot... i rarely ever get jerkiness with my 512MB, but am wary of it happening in FM12 or 13

Also for a laptop, do NOT go all out.... i know that FM hasn't really improved much since 09 (spec wise) but other games are improving... laptops are only really meant to last for 2-3 years before replacing anyways (due to antiquated stuff - a few year ago, 512MB was more than enough RAM for FM... now it's pitiful)

personally, a budget is also a BIG help... but i wouldn't go anywhere over 600GBP for a new laptop (unless you're using it for heavy gaming or media editing)

Archived