All Australians wanting FM11 for a cheap price

seriously, look here:

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/football-manager-2011-game-pc-and-mac

if you don't mind waiting a few days for it to arrive (would rather wait than spend an extra $50)

Free shipping to Australia, and at $37.99 is an absolute steal (unless you're importing from the UK, in which it will still be cheaper)

You have to create an account to buy from them, but who cares tbh (probably never going to use it again anyways.... until FM12)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think EB game and JB-Hi-Fi are around $80 each. I was quite surprised to see that Steam was $89.

It seems a bit pricey but if you stay in for just one night to play FM11 instead of going to the pub with your mates, then you'll more that make back the extra you spend!

seriously, look here:

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/football-manager-2011-game-pc-and-mac

if you don't mind waiting a few days for it to arrive (would rather wait than spend an extra $50)

Free shipping to Australia, and at $37.99 is an absolute steal (unless you're importing from the UK, in which it will still be cheaper)

You have to create an account to buy from them, but who cares tbh (probably never going to use it again anyways.... until FM12)

no. EB and JB will probably sell it for $90-$100 like they have done the last 2 years

no. EB and JB will probably sell it for $90-$100 like they have done the last 2 years

I am sure JB sold it cheaper for FM10, $70 as i remember. i remeber going to EB and getting them to match JB's price as i prefered EB's return policy and reputation over JB's.

I think EB game and JB-Hi-Fi are around $80 each. I was quite surprised to see that Steam was $89.

It seems a bit pricey but if you stay in for just one night to play FM11 instead of going to the pub with your mates, then you'll more that make back the extra you spend!

Steam is $39.99 US, which is about $41 Aus dollars. No?

No, Steam prices are region dependent. As I look at the store now I must pay $89USD, more than double someone buying from the US. Nice.

I'm from New Zealand and when I go to FM in the Steam store it says $39.99 USD. Will this be right or do I need to change Steam to NZ region somehow?

Mushtaq I say if that's the price take it!

Perhaps NZ doesn't have their own region version of steam or luckily gets US prices? I doubt it, you probably will have to change region. Have you purchased anything on steam before? If not once you set up billing address and so on it will probably change.

I would just advise people to be a bit cautious and don't buy from grey market sellers such as ozgameshop if you don't know what you're doing.

$38 seems too good to be true.

It is too good to be true.

The reason they can undercut other retailers is that they're selling product which is not licensed to be sold to Australian buyers, but to another market - either Asian markets, or US or Europe, depending on exactly what it is.

Of course, when you buy product through the legitimate channels as an Australia, you get yourself ripped off. That's the reality - do you do business with someone who's 'interpreting the rules liberally' or do you pay full price to someone who's ripping you off? I choose the latter for a number of reasons, but everyone has their own approach.

-edit: I have to clarify: If you buy for the normal price from a bricks & mortar retailer in Australia, or online through Steam, it's not the retailer themselves who are ripping you off because they're charging you $90 AUS or whatever. They're not making much money off that at all. It's the wholesaler and publisher who put much larger margins on product for the Australian region (amplified due to the strong Australian dollar).

I would just advise people to be a bit cautious and don't buy from grey market sellers such as ozgameshop if you don't know what you're doing.

It is too good to be true.

The reason they can undercut other retailers is that they're selling product which is not licensed to be sold to Australian buyers, but to another market - either Asian markets, or US or Europe, depending on exactly what it is.

Of course, when you buy product through the legitimate channels as an Australia, you get yourself ripped off. That's the reality - do you do business with someone who's 'interpreting the rules liberally' or do you pay full price to someone who's ripping you off? I choose the latter for a number of reasons, but everyone has their own approach.

-edit: I have to clarify: If you buy for the normal price from a bricks & mortar retailer in Australia, or online through Steam, it's not the retailer themselves who are ripping you off because they're charging you $90 AUS or whatever. They're not making much money off that at all. It's the wholesaler and publisher who put much larger margins on product for the Australian region (amplified due to the strong Australian dollar).

Prices are sticky; they won't change in the short run due to strong dollar. But yeah, we're being jacked. Always have been.

Anyhoo - purchased. :)

To be honest, and I'm ashamed to admit it, I'm fairly certain I've outgrown FM and I've barely touched the demo. At this price though - maybe I'll get back in to it. :)

Last year of grace SI! I expect virtual reality next season... ; )

I think game were selling it slightly cheaper than EB, can't remember exact figure but both were in the 80 to 90 region. I called JB and they were not sure but thought between 90 and 120. Will have to wait and see when it comes out. If anyone gets it cheap, let me know.

On another note, why do we in Australia pay so much more?

Cheers for the ozgameshop website, never heard of them before this thread, will give them a go for fm11

As for why us aussies get 'ripped-off', as previously stated this is because of the "regional pricing system" used by publishers who set RRP

~40$ is the asian price. in bangkok you can (i.e. will be able to) get it off the shelf for high 30's / low 40's equivalent AUD

GAME = 74$ online order, ~80$ in store

play-asia.com (my normal outlet when 1AUD>.80USD or so) = $40US = low 40's AUD

EB games = 88$ AUD in store

Steam = $90 US = low 90's AUD

They're not making much money off that at all. It's the wholesaler and publisher who put much larger margins on product for the Australian region (amplified due to the strong Australian dollar).

the strong dollar makes imports cheaper - not more expensive

therefore the game should actually be cheaper now if exchange rates had any bearing on price (which they dont as evidenced by the fact the price remains the same every year)

The strong dollar, which is almost at parity with the USD should make prices roughly the same if not exactly the same for downloaded games. This is because there are no extra distribution costs associated with the DL game.

Ozgameshop said yesterday that it's been shipped. 4-12 working days. Lamezors

And, who the hell calls a British online game store OZgameshop.

So misleading. I should've read the website instead of seeing the price and flipping out (like a ninja).

Yup, did exactly the same thing myself, thinking it would get to me before the weekend. When it didn't arrive today I checked the website - it's coming from bloody Britain!

But hey, $40 beats $90 bucks any day of the week. Would be good if Sega/Steam noticed the wide discrepancy between regions and the prices they are being charged...

yeh we get ripped off big time in australia. eb and game are where the noobs shop, gametraders often have better prices eg $10 cheaper.. steam usually give you some really good deals but this time are totally ripping us of. what the hell steam? the best option is to order from a pom website early and wait for delivery or go to the webites already quoted or go to this one..

http://www.game-lane.com.au/

ended up ordering from ozgameshop for $38 (what the guy in first post recommended), first time i've used them

paid early (4/11) thursday morning, about 20 hours later recieved an email saying it had been dispatched within the last 24 hours

looks like they've done everything they can , will let you guys know when it arrives o.O

Just to let you chaps know, ozgameshop.com is actually 365games.co.uk just with a different name and prices in AUD. Not entirely sure why they've created the site to be honest seeing as things are still getting shipped from the UK anyway and it's not exactly hard to work out the price using one of the numerous currency converters on the 'net.

Oh, and prepare to wait a bit as well. Ordered from 365games.co.uk before and it took nearly the 14 days. Whether they've improved shipping time with the creation of the new site (though I'm not sure how) or if it was just bad luck on my part is yet to be seen but yeah - just a heads up. ;)

Still, at that price I'm willing to wait a bit ;)

(actually that's a lie I want the game now!)

Whats play-asia's track record?

are they generally good?

Coz they're only charging me $AUD190 for COD BlackOps, FM11, Fifa 11 and Madden 11... absolute steal.

anyone with any personal experiences with them?

P.S i'm in AUS, gotta love the strong aussie dollar for once

Play Asia is superb, I have nothing but great things to say about them. If it is all in stock, you will probably receive it in around 3-4 days.

As for OzGameShop, I have had times when things have arrived in ~ 4 days, and others that took 2 weeks. I have my order with Ozgameshop as I was in no great rush to get the game.

I've got Civ5 from Ozgameshop, it arrived within 10 days and it plays beautifully with Steam and all that junk.

So probs whatsoever. 150 hrs logged and updated regularly.

But HOW they can afford to do it, is a different question!

I think I get the game from there :)

Archived