PDA

View Full Version : A 'Force an Injured Player of the Pitch' Feature Please

Bababui
26-10-2010, 23:42
I would like to see a feature where anytime a player picks up a minor injury we have the option of forcing him off the pitch, to reduce the risk of injury. Yes, we would have to temporarily play with 10 men. Or, if we had used our 3 subs, finish the match with ten men. But I would prefer that most of the time then risk an injury.

Also, its a little odd to me that a player can pick up a minor injury and continue playing. After the game we learn that he has a twisted knee or a hamstring injury. Now, how is this guy able to scamper up and down the field with an injury like these?

Your thoughts, please.

Vic Taylor
27-10-2010, 00:05
If a player has a minor injury, you can both sub him if you have subs left (obviously) and if you don't. If you haven't got any left, try to make a sub, and a box will come up telling you you've run out but the player you've selected to take off has a knock. You'll also have the option to take that player off and continue with 10 men or cancel.

I think that's what you're getting at. :p

evertonmarc
27-10-2010, 00:06
Manny Fernandes played 70mins of a game with a broken bone in his leg last season.....was out for months after that

Bababui
27-10-2010, 00:08
If a player has a minor injury, you can both sub him if you have subs left (obviously) and if you don't. If you haven't got any left, try to make a sub, and a box will come up telling you you've run out but the player you've selected to take off has a knock. You'll also have the option to take that player off and continue with 10 men or cancel.

I think that's what you're getting at. :p

Thank you so much. That was just what I was getting at. :)

Vic Taylor
27-10-2010, 00:10
Thank you so much. That was just what I was getting at. :)

No problem, mate. :thup:

And as was said above, players can play through the remainder of games with serious injuries sometimes, as the adrenaline will numb the pain. I once played over an hour with a broken collar bone. And I was a keeper! :D

Bababui
27-10-2010, 00:18
No problem, mate. :thup:

And as was said above, players can play through the remainder of games with serious injuries sometimes, as the adrenaline will numb the pain. I once played over an hour with a broken collar bone. And I was a keeper! :D

Wow. Thats amazing. Full respect for that.

robzilla
27-10-2010, 09:16
I played on with a broken rib, but only for about 2 minutes, it hurt :(

Zola444
27-10-2010, 10:00
I played on with a broken rib, but only for about 2 minutes, it hurt :(

I once was kicked in the face & had to go Terry Butcher style minus the bandage with blood round my head & face. One of my proudest moments.

cplpeters1900
27-10-2010, 17:11
Fabregas played for a match with a broken leg, he didnt even know he did it!

huntelaar19
27-10-2010, 17:23
The year Wigan went up to the premiership did Jason Roberts not score a goal with a broken leg ? I may be completely making this up haha ?

Dob1
27-10-2010, 17:59
Nah it happened Huntelaar!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/wigan-striker-plays-on-with-broken-leg-490239.html

dr p wigwam
27-10-2010, 18:33
That's nothing. Heskey's been playing with no brain for years...

Ty
27-10-2010, 18:40
That's nothing. Heskey's been playing with no brain for years...

This had me in stitches.

Metaphorical stitches may I add, I don't play with injuries! (I am part of the new modern era of footballers, come off for twinges!)

r0x0r
27-10-2010, 18:56
Gilberto Silva played for Arsenal for a few months with a broken back...

uusinjsh
27-10-2010, 21:15
dunno, i scored a goal in floor-hockey play-off game with broken wrist..

..adrenaline>pain ;)