today i told my boss i needed friday the 5th of november off to play fm11

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats funny, i like your boldness of it. I usually work at the weekends but last time i went in i looked at the rota and was given the weekend off as holiday! and i never asked for holiday?....bonus so my weekends sorted now FM11 from the 5th to the 9th...it made me a happy camper :)

Ask any other place on the internet and they'll tell you that you're sad. Except perhaps a COD forum.

On this forum, you're likely to get a different answer.

But the truth is, yes, it is completely sad.

Ah well.

somebody has to sort this mess out at leeds utd and that somebody is me :D

i'm planning a major overhaul of players especially in defence

i have it off, i always take it off, i cant pick the game up at 8am and not play it all day, luckily i can work from home whenever i like but this time there will not be much work happening!

ill be home by 9am (11pm uk time thursday) installing and ready to play, although i think it will take at least 4-5 hours to set my DB up

Your no more sad than any other gamer out there.

Be it FM, COD or any other majorly release, there will always be people passionate about it, willingly so sit up until there very early hours for that sense of the new thing.

Its even worse when its games in the MMO area, sitting up only to get a message that downtime is postponed another 12 hours.. sigh, at least a game like FM is more stable in that manner

I'll be having Friday 5 November off work.

I just won't be telling my boss. :D

You're quite right about that Leeds United defence though mate, I'll be looking to get shot of the bloomin lot of the em just as soon as I can find some takers, but unfortunately I reckon I'll be stuck with em till at least January as the last manager only just signed most of em!

Ive too got the 5th off work along with the following week so that I can play FM all the time. I have pre-ordered my copy from GAME so it had better come in time so that at midnight on the 4th I can download any patch and start my FM careeer

I must admit I did consider it. But as I get paid a daily rate as an IT contractor, I'd be missing out on a substantial amount of money by sacking off a working day (it's why I generally hate bank holidays these days).

Got bloody school! & I have some GCSE prep lesson so this is the time to truly test my FM commitment! I'll most likely play it when I get back instead of revision I mean who needs to know algebra when the only realy 'Y' in my life is why have City stolen my best players? :D (terrible I know!)

It's a bit sad, but acceptable.

My boss is really lenient, I could go to him on Thursday 4th Nov and ask for the Friday off without giving a reason, and he would grant it. But I am choosing to work on the 5th, as I don't mind waiting a few days to play the game.

Ask any other place on the internet and they'll tell you that you're sad. Except perhaps a COD forum.

On this forum, you're likely to get a different answer.

But the truth is, yes, it is completely sad.

Ah well.

^^^

what he said :D

I have Friday 5th and monday 8th booked off and my partner briefed that I disown all parental duties for four days..I had to soften her up by agreeing to buy us a new bed of her choice, she picked one for £600.. :/..

I wonder why it should be sad.

Not at all, a day off to avoid work stress and to dedicate time to a hobby , well..., that's a good way to spend a day.

Someone else take a day off to manipulate themselves all the day instead, that's sad indeed.

If you use your holiday for it - then why not??

I was thinking about taking a days holiday as I have to take 10 days between October and March. Aside from christmas (4 days holiday) and 3 days for my two son's birthdays and the wife's birthday I don't need any days at this time of year so may take the Friday & Monday off.

College/Driving lesson/work on the 5th! Although my computer is slow, so i can leave fm downloading and then play it when i get back and through the weekend! :D Result!

Although taking the day off work for a game which will probably take that a few hours to download anyway seems a bit silly, just get the game delivered early and set it to download throughout the day.

I actually think those of you who are asking for the day off are doing the right thing by your boss. When your mind is on something else so much as an anticipated game being released, it can be hard to concentrate on your work and agreeing to take the time off means that when you're back, you'll be more motivated :)

Just a quick note about Steam...

I am not sure that games unlock on Steam at Midnight of release day. I have heard stories in the past of games unlocking in the morning. I've never pre-ordered on Steam before, so I may be wrong. Just don't be surprised if it isn't available right at midnight.

More on topic...

I could probably get the 5th off, but I don't think i'll try. I've had too many unpaid days off lately. We'll see how I feel next week though ;-)

Being happily paid by the government benefit while I wait to find I job I will have no problem grinding out as much time on Football Manager as i desire from release day. Only think that going to stop me is if i was to be offered a job interview for the 5th. Oh wait I have a mysterious doctors appointment, or something along them lines.

somebody has to sort this mess out at leeds utd and that somebody is me :D

i'm planning a major overhaul of players especially in defence

I went monday and my 2 grans would do a better job at center half connolly poor aswell

Got school :(

I think I'll get it on Thursday due to me pre-ordering from shopto.net, they're normally brilliant with deliverys.

I Also Have to do an hour of maths and science revision then hopefully settle down to sort my Sheffield Wednesday out and hopefully get them back where they belong, The premiership!!

Being happily paid by the government benefit while I wait to find I job I will have no problem grinding out as much time on Football Manager as i desire from release day. Only think that going to stop me is if i was to be offered a job interview for the 5th. Oh wait I have a mysterious doctors appointment, or something along them lines.

It's people like you that are dragging tihs country down. Can't work, but have enough money to buy a game and miss an interview.

It's people like you that are dragging tihs country down. Can't work, but have enough money to buy a game and miss an interview.

Cut him some slack mate, he's finding another, plus he's probably joking about skipping his interview.

I actually think those of you who are asking for the day off are doing the right thing by your boss. When your mind is on something else so much as an anticipated game being released, it can be hard to concentrate on your work and agreeing to take the time off means that when you're back, you'll be more motivated :)

That's a good point, I remember years ago when GTA3 came out, I went and bought it during my lunch break, then spent the whole afternoon clutching the box, looking at the manual and map and watching the clock as I was dying to get home and play it. Same happened for Vice City and San Andreas, and a few editions of CM/FM. Several Friday afternoons of doing nothing.

I personally find that comment very offensive. I am a qualified software designer, I recently finished a contact doing a very important job developing training software for the NHS. Software used by doctors to teach them how to save lives and update protocol. Due to NHS cuts, and my contract running out I was unable to continue working in this role and was left unemployed. While looking for a new job something I do very often, e-mailing CVs out and stuff I have allot of free time. I tend to apply for 5-6 new jobs a week, if them applications amount to nothing in the end then there isn't much I can do.

If i am the type of person that drags this country down due, then blame the last government for messing up the country so badly people like me have be forced onto the unemployment list. On a side note the bit about skipping a job interview was a joke, my girlfriend would kill me if I did that.

Just a quick note about Steam...

I am not sure that games unlock on Steam at Midnight of release day. I have heard stories in the past of games unlocking in the morning. I've never pre-ordered on Steam before, so I may be wrong. Just don't be surprised if it isn't available right at midnight.

More on topic...

I could probably get the 5th off, but I don't think i'll try. I've had too many unpaid days off lately. We'll see how I feel next week though ;-)

it did last year at 12.01am iirc

so today i asked my boss for that friday off, is this sad or acceptable?

what lengths do you go to, to play fm11 on release day

he did laugh at me but gave me it anyway :D

so from midnight on the 5th i will be playing from steam without worrying about sleep for work

Ive took a few days off starting on the 5th, one reason is to play FM & Fable 3, the other is because I'll probably end up losing days if I didnt take them soon!

Ive took a few days off starting on the 5th, one reason is to play FM & Fable 3, the other is because I'll probably end up losing days if I didnt take them soon!

i've got so many good games to get through, i don't know where to find the time lmao

fable 3

fm11

fall out new vegas (15 hours in so far)

COD black ops

star wars force unleashed 2

help i need 3 weeks off atleast

I finish work at 1..... so i shall take a detour to Game/Gamestation purhase or preorder from another said gamer and have it waiting for me on the matt when i arrive home to throw in the diskdrive....it will be a case of dropping everything at the door, shoving some music on and then chilling and playing.....Other half will be going to fireworks display at Caerphilly Castle so peace for the evening....

Archived