And you thought Rooney was greedy...

He's on £190k already, so it isn't really that extreme a starting position for negotiations. I bet you could knock him down a fair bit.

I tryed knocking him down when he wanted 17m signing on fee and he wouldn't budge on that plus, his agent wanted a a daft fee somewhere around 10m if i remember right.

So just decided to end talks knowing the demo finished on 1st jan anyway.

But that 300k a week is abit steep.....think its these Brazilian agents always wanting over the top cash.

Lol, another example of the problems with the new contract negotiations...even demands just to renew a contract are often crazy. I've experienced this sort of thing many times already.

I totally disagree. I think unrealistic wage demands are a part of football and it's great that they're in the game.

It's up to you as a manager to be savvy to when a player is trying to rip you off.

Initial demands of £20m in fees just to renew a contract? And a £135k a week wage wise...for a 30 year old.

I totally disagree. I think unrealistic wage demands are a part of football and it's great that they're in the game.

It's up to you as a manager to be savvy to when a player is trying to rip you off.

Is a tad excessive. His brother is a known 'freakish' agent though in football, so it wouldn't overly surprise me.

However, if this time last year someone had posted a screenshot of Yaya Toure wanted £200,000 a week, we'd probably be saying it was unrealistic and a possible bug.

These things happen...

Lol, another example of the problems with the new contract negotiations...even demands just to renew a contract are often crazy. I've experienced this sort of thing many times already.

As long as you see it as a starting point for negotiations and not a straight out demand then I think the values are fine. It means we have to negotiate every time we try and agree a contract, which I think is a good thing. I've tried a few contract renewals with big name players and although the starting demands are quite high, they have eventually settled for the same wages as before (just with the addition of the signing on fees).

Initial demands of £20m in fees just to renew a contract? And a £135k a week wage wise...for a 30 year old.

its not renewing a contract though is it? The OP is playing as Barcelona not A.C. Milan and if you have interest from one of the biggest clubs in the world so players will want more money but not only that, this is just a starting point for negotiations and i'd bet he could sign him for less.

My mistake. I still feel these demands are ridiculous though, I had even higher combined signing on/agent fees demanded when trying to sign Chiellini and De Rossi for Man Utd, and I tried to get it to a reasonable level, but the agent quickly gets 'tired' and leaves. The worst part is they then refuse to even talk to you if you make another bid.

It's a new feature though so I assume it will constantly be under review. Personally speaking this has been the least buggy FM demo I've ever played, this is the only area I have any real concern with.

its not renewing a contract though is it? The OP is playing as Barcelona not A.C. Milan and if you have interest from one of the biggest clubs in the world so players will want more money but not only that, this is just a starting point for negotiations and i'd bet he could sign him for less.

Ermmm?? Realism???

Give me evidence of an agent getting over £20m (£22.5 to be exact) and a footballer to get £15m as a singing on fee. And before you say negotiate - no I tried and they would not budge. If you give me that evidence then yes it will be realistic - but until then it wont''t be.

Didn't Barcelona kick him to the curb a few years ago? Maybe he's still sore about it and is making crazy demands to stick it to them. Or he really doesn't want to sign with them so he makes demands he knows you won't agree to. Or maybe his agent is batshit crazy.

Give me evidence of an agent getting over £20m (£22.5 to be exact) and a footballer to get £15m as a singing on fee. And before you say negotiate - no I tried and they would not budge. If you give me that evidence then yes it will be realistic - but until then it wont''t be.

IIRC Ronaldo bagged himself close to a £9 million signing on fee when he went to Madrid. His agent must also have made a nice fee from an £80M transfer.

There's a link on here somewhere to an article showing agent fees for 2009. Man City paid£14 mllion total. Wayne Bridges agent made £900k from his £7m transfer so imagine what a player3-4 times that vale would bring in

This IMO is going to ruin the game, from playing the demo i've had several instances where an agent (even though a player wants to sign/resign) demanding over £15 mil in agent fees and £400,000 in wages for a player on £30,000 - £50,000. This is seriously wrong and a huge bug that could be a game breaker.

This IMO is going to ruin the game, from playing the demo i've had several instances where an agent (even though a player wants to sign/resign) demanding over £15 mil in agent fees and £400,000 in wages for a player on £30,000 - £50,000. This is seriously wrong and a huge bug that could be a game breaker.

It will be a game breaker if you don't give him the amounts you have written and then another AI club comes in and can get him for a fraction of the price he wanted off you.

I signed him for Real Madrid in the Demo for £9 million. Just because it’s a demo, won’t be doing it in the Full game.

Got him down to

£220,000pw

5% Rise per year

£15,000 Appearance Fee

£8,000 Goal Bonus

Team of the year bonus £1.2 million

If he scores more than 20 goals he gets an extra £1 million.

I gave his agent £3 million fee.

So far only played friendly’s against weaker opposition but 3 goals and 4 assists.

I know he is not worth the contract but as I said earlier it’s only the demo.

Is a tad excessive. His brother is a known 'freakish' agent though in football, so it wouldn't overly surprise me.

However, if this time last year someone had posted a screenshot of Yaya Toure wanted £200,000 a week, we'd probably be saying it was unrealistic and a possible bug.

These things happen...

Alot of his real life wage demands come down to the stupid level of income tax in this country. If he's on £200,000 a week i can guarantee he gets less than half of that as take home pay. Still alot of players seem to be a bit too cocky with their demands, Calum Davenport for instance. Not played in over a year, straight off the bat wants £15k a week! By rights he should be thankful someone is giving him a chance.

I have been left frustrated by this also. I've tested it a lot since I saw this thread. I had Calum Davenport turn down a move to Chelsea as a squad rotation player on 15k a week with a 250k signing on fee but as I continued to test it I found the agents stats on the right hand side of the negotiation screen very useful. At first they would request double or even treble the weekly wage for the player but for those who had a high agent fee rating I was able to sign the player on the same as his current weekly wage by adjusting the agent fee closer to the maximum allowed. Although it will make it a lot more costly to sign and re-sign players I do like this feature and knowing the agent, what the agent is looking for out of the negotiations will help smooth over the deal. Hopefully the price of agent fees can be tweaked down slightly in the patch but overall a very good feature.

Hamsik wants triple his current wage to join Spurs, and also double what my current highest earner is on...and yea, i tried negotiating it down but his agent left after 3 offers and now won't talk to me. There are many more examples of these crazy demands but this is just the latest one.

2qeza.jpg

As long as you see it as a starting point for negotiations and not a straight out demand then I think the values are fine. It means we have to negotiate every time we try and agree a contract, which I think is a good thing. I've tried a few contract renewals with big name players and although the starting demands are quite high, they have eventually settled for the same wages as before (just with the addition of the signing on fees).

Agree completely, I got a negotiation with a back-up (to develop higher) player who's agent wanted £21k a week and £210K/£325K signing on fees. I knocked the salary back to £7k and both signing on fees under £100k. The agent gave a counter proposal of c£11.5k and signing on fees just above £100k. This amount was my original estimation of the players value week-in week-out so I agreed.

Alot of his real life wage demands come down to the stupid level of income tax in this country. If he's on £200,000 a week i can guarantee he gets less than half of that as take home pay. Still alot of players seem to be a bit too cocky with their demands, Calum Davenport for instance. Not played in over a year, straight off the bat wants £15k a week! By rights he should be thankful someone is giving him a chance.

Actually not true, if a player has anything like a competent agent he'll have his wages going into a holding company where the max tax will be, in the UK, 28% (which will lead to tax of £2,620,800). It is only those at the bottom ot the wage structure who will be still on the PAYE wage scale and then they won't be anywhere near getting enough to be paying the 50% rate.

But even assuming a top player's people are too stupid to set up a work-around lets calculate tax take by the government, using Rooney's (probable) £180k a week salary, he comes out as paying £89,567.69 PAYE and £1,872.30 NI which still leaves him on £88k a week. But even then I feel that the pay quoted is going to be a lot closer to net pay than gross, as often happens with high earners (they get clauses that their wage is guaranteed into their hands).

So looking at the figures he's at worst getting nearly £90,000 a week into his hand, an obscene amonut of money for anyone to be earning, much less for just being able to kick a ball.

The two things that jump out to me there are 'patience - 2' and 'slight interest', looks like a tough deal to get done without spending a lot of money.

Slightly off topic, but I think the above things might make the first few seasons of your challenge even more difficult next year. All those uninterested people we all ended up signing will probably much harder to get this year.

What really annoys me is when the agents get fed up and close negotiations. So you have to make another bid ALL OVER AGAIN

That's not really a big deal, this happened quite a bit even in FM 2010 & before if your offer wasn't close. I think the bigger thing is that even if you do make a new bid, the agent/player isn't going to even talk to you for several weeks/months for you to try and restart negotiating

ill just end up buying no one. what is the average fee for an agent of a top quality agent with a top player? i tried to buy neymar and the agent was greedy and arrogant and i was like F@!# ya. i never paid player in fm10 this much signing on fee. i tried to give him 400k then 1m. he wanted £1.9m just for nothing but have a conversation with me......LOl ill end up signing noone and trainig my youths.

So yea help please cos i will be playing this competitively agaisnt a friend that battles me to sign the same players.

IIRC Ronaldo bagged himself close to a £9 million signing on fee when he went to Madrid. His agent must also have made a nice fee from an £80M transfer.

There's a link on here somewhere to an article showing agent fees for 2009. Man City paid£14 mllion total. Wayne Bridges agent made £900k from his £7m transfer so imagine what a player3-4 times that vale would bring in

Ronaldo's transfer was one of the biggest in football history.

In the demo, half of my players want that much money and more for a signing on fee.

About the unrealistic agent fees, i bet a real-life agent doesn't get more than 10-15% of the transfer fee. In the demo, the agents want from 50-75% of the transfer worth.

And, no Man City and their reckless spending isn't an argument or a point.

ill just end up buying no one. what is the average fee for an agent of a top quality agent with a top player? i tried to buy neymar and the agent was greedy and arrogant and i was like F@!# ya. i never paid player in fm10 this much signing on fee. i tried to give him 400k then 1m. he wanted £1.9m just for nothing but have a conversation with me......LOl ill end up signing noone and trainig my youths.

So yea help please cos i will be playing this competitively agaisnt a friend that battles me to sign the same players.

Ronaldo's transfer was one of the biggest in football history.

In the demo, half of my players want that much money and more for a signing on fee.

About the unrealistic agent fees, i bet a real-life agent doesn't get more than 10-15% of the transfer fee. In the demo, the agents want from 50-75% of the transfer worth.

And, no Man City and their reckless spending isn't an argument or a point.

Try negotiating the both of ye. Especially with contract renewals, quite often an initial demand is way above what they'll accept. Oh, and Igorchete stating an opinion as fact is as good an arguement as your Man City quip.

I had a similar situation at Atletico Madrid. Jose Antonio Reyes at the start is on £22,500 p/w and in the last year of his contract. His wage demmands were £66,000 p/w. I tried to negotiate with his agent but they wouldn't budge on the wage at all. I even gave him some absurdly high bonues but still nothing.

He goes on and gets 8 assists and 3 goals in something like 13 games, and now wants £99,000 p/w. From £22,500 to £99,000 p/w and I cannot get it any lower.

In no way, in both situations, is such a large wage increase justified.

I had a similar situation at Atletico Madrid. Jose Antonio Reyes at the start is on £22,500 p/w and in the last year of his contract. His wage demmands were £66,000 p/w. I tried to negotiate with his agent but they wouldn't budge on the wage at all. I even gave him some absurdly high bonues but still nothing.

He goes on and gets 8 assists and 3 goals in something like 13 games, and now wants £99,000 p/w. From £22,500 to £99,000 p/w and I cannot get it any lower.

In no way, in both situations, is such a large wage increase justified.

i certainly agree with how crazy that is. i mean it should be done that only high profile players demand high and higher on how well they played of late. but not EVERY player.

but i really love the game despite not continuing for 4 real days thinking what the hell to do lol. (and been busy) On the plus side of things when i get a online game going. my mate cant take the pee buying all the charaters i like cos this time round he will get bankrupt and have to sell :D

plus hes going to be milan and me juventus so he has more popular choice of players from the off.

Try negotiating the both of ye. Especially with contract renewals, quite often an initial demand is way above what they'll accept. Oh, and Igorchete stating an opinion as fact is as good an arguement as your Man City quip.

Not all agents are very flexible when negotiating.

If your star players hire one of those agents, you're pretty screwed.

They should tone down the agents' temperament.

people keep saying negotiate... but most of the time the agents just are not flexible, especially with regards to the player/agent fees.

It's practically impossible to buy the very top class player even if you agree a fee with the club, the signing on fee demanded is almost always higher than what the club allows you to pay!

What makes FM fun for me is being able to buy players that I wish my club could buy in real life, but it's going to be very difficult to buy top level players in this game unless they are transfer-listed.

Archived