MLS on FM11

Forgive me if there's a thread for this (I did a couple searches, found nothing)..

Are the expansion franchises going to be put into FM11? Portland and Vancouver will be joining the MLS in 2011, and Montreal in 2012, any chance this will be put into FM11?

I know last year the Philly team did not get in, so I fear the same fate, but I enjoy the MLS, so I'm secretly hoping.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they won't be, when Chivas USA and Real Salt Lake joined it took until the next year to add them. Same with San Jose, Toronto and Philadelphia. I think it's mainly because it'd take a fair bit of messing around with the MLS code to expand the league out to 18 teams, also MLS itself hasn't decided on the exact competition structure for next year. So theres too many unknowns for them to be added to the game, that and the fact that Vancouver has no players so far and Portland has about 4.

It would be nice if they were patched in through the January transfer update but they never are. It's a shame really as with it's expanding number of teams, more generous cap and three DP's now, MLS is slowly getting more interesting to play on FM. I remember having one stab at playing it a few years back and just giving up through sheer boredom because of how restrictive the transfer rules and cap were and how hard it was to persuade European players to come over (I hope MLS' league rep has been given a bump what with Beckham, Angel, Marquez, Henry, Ljungberg, Castillo, Donovan and co playing there).

Ah, that makes sense, will the financial rules and 3 DP rules be updated? Perhaps I'm being an idiot, but I found it hard in FM10 to use DP on anyone. But that was 60 game playing hours ago. Perhaps I wasn't looking at it correctly.

No, our license is for the teams in the current season only.

Has any thought been given to earlier suggestions that would allow users to edit the league on their own? The Editor just isn't deep enough for MLS/A-Leauge fans to really re-create an accurate league, but perhaps an option to "load existing league rules" and then edit them could be a solution?

Hi mate. I kinda had that discussion maybe a month ago now about how MLS should be like in FM11. The thread is here

I really hope SI get it right this year in re-creating an accurate and realistic MLS (well with the teams in FM11 at least) in FM11. MLS weren't in the demo so I hope it has improved in the full game.

No, our license is for the teams in the current season only.

Just looking in the demo, it doesn't list Philadelphia among North American clubs, though every other MLS team is.

Can you (or some other SI'er) confirm that FM 11 will have all 16 MLS teams playing in the 2010 season?

Just looking in the demo, it doesn't list Philadelphia among North American clubs, though every other MLS team is.

Can you (or some other SI'er) confirm that FM 11 will have all 16 MLS teams playing in the 2010 season?

If you load Brazil or France you can see Philadelphia.

Archived