Thats to Crystal palace head coach

agree, the wording is wrong, it should just say holders like every other year

Like rancer said. The OP has selected US English, thus "Head coach" instead of manager and "defending champions" instead of holder. As long as you have normal English selected, the wording will be as usual.

It is quite easy in game to make it up to mid/top table with Palace indeed. Unfortunately real life is a bit different with some unlucky games, Ambrose being injured among many others, having to use many youth players like Cardogan, Zaha and Djilali, massive turnover of players from last season. Its just not quite so simple.

i understand the US saying things different, but it is the wrong context. Chelsea for example are the defending premier league champions and are often referred to as that in 'england' so i feel that the use of this term, even in america, is wrong as you cannot be a defending champion if you are not in the league to defend it, you should only be classes as a defending champion if you are still in the same league (top league obviously) or still in a cup you won the year before

It is quite easy in game to make it up to mid/top table with Palace indeed. Unfortunately real life is a bit different with some unlucky games, Ambrose being injured among many others, having to use many youth players like Cardogan, Zaha and Djilali, massive turnover of players from last season. Its just not quite so simple.

Cardogan, Dijali, and Ambrose have all been stars for me in my FM2011 Crystal Palace game :) Up to #6 in the league about 40% of the way in. Also made it to the quarter-finals of the League Cup (Beat WBA in the third round, lost to Aston Villa 0-1 in the QF)

Nothing innovative about what I was doing, just a straightforward rigid 4-4-2 with direct passing, hard pressing and tackling. Very English, very effective.

Cardogan, Dijali, and Ambrose have all been stars for me in my FM2011 Crystal Palace game :) Up to #6 in the league about 40% of the way in. Also made it to the quarter-finals of the League Cup (Beat WBA in the third round, lost to Aston Villa 0-1 in the QF)

Nothing innovative about what I was doing, just a straightforward rigid 4-4-2 with direct passing, hard pressing and tackling. Very English, very effective.

They are pretty decent youth players which is why you can get away with it but that they are. Also consider how you might have faired without Ambrose and Danns in midfield for a long period like real life and if Claude Davis and Anthony Gardner weren't as good as they are rated in the game alongside Paddy McCarthy.

I managed to beat Sunderland and Arsenal in the league cup with them too and pretty decent league position with a defensive 4-3-3 formation, lethal counter attack. Still it doesn't really match the real life injury/small squad/defensive errors problems in game the one bonus to real life is James Vaughan is in the squad.

learn how to manage a team.

Media prediction 22nd?

Well done. Though it hardly translates to a blueprint an actual Manager could follow does it? You can find dozens, if not hundreds, of people on these forums who have taken teams from the bottom league in a nation to European Champions and none of them are in the running to even become manager of BSN/BSS teams are they? ;)

Archived