Agents not willing to listen to a contract offer!

Sorry about the title but this is a little hard to put a title to!

Playing as a lower level team I have approached a few free transfers, only to be greeted with a greyed out screen and an agent message saying something like "my client is not interested".

Surely a free transfer would listen to any offer they receive! Its not just free transfers I noticed but also players under contract! I know all about club and player reps but surely you should be able to still offer a contract. especially now with the new agent feature. A contract could be thrashed out in 1-2 minutes one way or another.

I think there should be a button when this screen appears saying something like "I want to make you an offer you cant refuse". And if you press this and then offer someone like Rooney only £100 a week you should lose credibility amongst other agents or just the one your dealing with.

BTW the players I was trying to sign wouldn't of been unrealistic, just a little ambitious maybe. But I wouldn't of been the first manager/club to be a little ambitious IRL!

Depends, are the players you are offering contracts too pretty good? because they may have other, better offers on the cards, or they may just think they are better than the league you're in. If your not offering to better players... ? :p

Archived