New set piece, interaction, training just last years poor gimmicks made pretty

So last year set piece was just a pull downs of actions, near post, far post, lurk ourside etc etc.

This year "New Set Piece Creator" is pull down of SAME actions but with added image. What is so shabby about it is I cannot create anything. If I wanted the right corner taker to hit the near post and I pile all 10 of my players on the near post in hope one of them will head the goal in. I can do that. But if wanted the left corner taker to hit the ball to the 6 yard box I cannot set my players stand in the 6 yard box. If right corner taker is set to near post and the players are set in position to attack near post. Left corner taker has to do the same.

There is a Right and Left throwing with different settings and actions work to how you want the thrower to act. Why is this not the same with Right and Left Corner/Freekicks?

Last year players interactions is just tick boxes you want to say to the player.

This years "New Players Interactions" is just tick boxes surrounded by speech bubbles.

Last year training was just general defending, attacking set peices etc.

This year "New training feature" is just general defending, attacking with Goalkeeping split to handing and shot shopping. Now why isn't attacking split to passing, creativity, long shots?

Not really anythinig new just same old made pretty. FM11 is just patch 10.4

I agree. TBH im all for new additions to the game but its the little things that could be done to the existing game that would make it better for me.

Nothing has been done at all about loaning out players. I still have to reject countless bids because they will only be a backup player. Why cant I offer out a player who will be a 'valuable member' only so I dont have to waste my time rejecting offers where he will never play a game. Also a bit more info about the teams asking for the loan would help. Usually I want my players to play in the highest league possible at a team where they will be a valuable first team member. If im 5 years into a save (or first year for that matter), I dont have a clue which leagues the team are in so I have to click each team to see which league they are in and accept or reject appropriately. How would it be to say 'Championship said x want y on loan'.

Another thing which would have improved the game massively is saving a role to each player so when you make a sub or change players in your starting 11, you dont have to keep changing the role for each player everytime you put them in your team. At the moment all you can do it save the roles to the tactic. If your playing in the League cup and you change the majority of your side you need to basically make a new tactic every time. Very very annoying.

Please SI for next year, improve on the stuff already in the game and cut out the gimmicks. Theres no point adding more and more stuff to the game when there is already plenty which can be improved.

• SI Staff

This year "New training feature" is just general defending, attacking with Goalkeeping split to handing and shot shopping. Now why isn't attacking split to passing, creativity, long shots?

Goalkeeping training category is not split into two "attributes" but two new categories, that include not only the goalkeeper attributes from the old "goalkeeping" training category but also some other attributes that were considered key attributes but were not included in the goalkeeping training category in the earlier versions. As this resulted in a lot more goalkeeping related attributes in training, the attributes were divided into two separarate categories. This also helps managers develop their goalies to better suit their team's needs.

I'm guessing you've missed the all new part of the training module called "match preparation" which had been suggested quite a few times on the forums and has now been implemented. There are also a number of other smaller new features in the training module, which are mostly covered for example in the two blogs (numbers 12 & 13) here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/227487-Football-Manager-2011-blogs :thup:

Goalkeeping training category is not split into two "attributes" but two new categories, that include not only the goalkeeper attributes from the old "goalkeeping" training category but also some other attributes that were considered key attributes but were not included in the goalkeeping training category in the earlier versions. As this resulted in a lot more goalkeeping related attributes in training, the attributes were divided into two separarate categories. This also helps managers develop their goalies to better suit their team's needs.

I'm guessing you've missed the all new part of the training module called "match preparation" which had been suggested quite a few times on the forums and has now been implemented. There are also a number of other smaller new features in the training module, which are mostly covered for example in the two blogs (numbers 12 & 13) here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/227487-Football-Manager-2011-blogs :thup:

Why arent the new training schedules included for the under 18's? I mean all the first team/reserves automatically get put into categories (defender, midfielder, striker) but the U18's only have general?

So last year set piece was just a pull downs of actions, near post, far post, lurk ourside etc etc.

This year "New Set Piece Creator" is pull down of SAME actions but with added image. What is so shabby about it is I cannot create anything. If I wanted the right corner taker to hit the near post and I pile all 10 of my players on the near post in hope one of them will head the goal in. I can do that. But if wanted the left corner taker to hit the ball to the 6 yard box I cannot set my players stand in the 6 yard box. If right corner taker is set to near post and the players are set in position to attack near post. Left corner taker has to do the same.

There is a Right and Left throwing with different settings and actions work to how you want the thrower to act. Why is this not the same with Right and Left Corner/Freekicks?

Last year players interactions is just tick boxes you want to say to the player.

This years "New Players Interactions" is just tick boxes surrounded by speech bubbles.

Not really anythinig new just same old made pretty. FM11 is just patch 10.4

this years fifa 11 is just fifa 10 with a new cover (yes i love slagging EA off, they bring the same **** out year after year and still top the charts ffs even when they offer no customer service whatsoever!)

your point is?

and tbf i think it's a little bit more than just a pretty up, forget agents did you? or the new 3d animations and ME

how convenient

there's also many things we long term gamers won't have got from the demo and i can't wait for it

dynamic league rep and a revamp of newgens with national traits!

again i say it's a little bit more than just a pretty up but you are entitled to your opinion

As I said in my first post. Adding new things is all very well and good but if you dont improve the gameplay, i.e things that you do on a regular basis, that would help the game run more smoothly then theres not really much point IMO. Id gladly take improvements to the things ive already pointed out over a new interface for training or set pieces.

The number of interaction options has gone up from around 40 to around 80. Comments made in the press are now made internally. The response is now instant. You can now reply to the response. You can quite easily trash a relationship to the extent the player wants to leave. You can also rescue a relationship that has gone bad.

I'd say that is a little more than just adding speech bubbles. What has been missed that would change your mind.

complete revamp of training = 3 default schedules... OMG you guys are amazing

The core training module may not be significantly different, but match preparation and individual focus add a strategic element to training that did not exist before. It may not be deeper, but it is broader.

New Set Piece Creator

This I won't argue with as I am just as disappointed as everyone else. However, you have ignored a number of improvements like the expanded board interaction and live contract negotiations with agents, not to mention the massive improvements in the match engine and the 3D display.

There's nothing wrong with gut reaction, but I think if you delve a little deeper then your 'patch 10.4' comment just doesn't hold up.

• SI Staff
complete revamp of training = 3 default schedules... OMG you guys are amazing

Like has been stated in this thread a few times, not all changes are visible to the user as things can be re-written in code without the actual interface changing too much. And I think you are quite harshly limiting your view of the "training revamp" when you just stick to the training schedules, which are only a small part of the training module, and not counting in all the other areas like the match preparation, which adds a whole new level to the training module that has never existed before.

It would be interesting to hear how you personally would have wanted the training system to be re-designed and implemented. Maybe it can spark some ideas for the future ?

Please SI for next year, improve on the stuff already in the game and cut out the gimmicks. Theres no point adding more and more stuff to the game when there is already plenty which can be improved.

This is exactly what needs to happen.

Actually finishing a game instead of adding more and more into an incomplete package - specifically in relation to gameplay.

Re: FIFA comment. It's the same throughout the industry. Time is against developers at the expense of true quality.

Despite all of this I think SI do a fantastic job. The resources required to do what they do, and do what they SHOULD do, must be enormous. And they do great with what they have, I guess ;) Still very frustrating.

Archived