Promotion

Ive always started as a Championship team and been promoted to the premiership a few times

But seem to realise you dont get enough money to buy some decent plays to stay in the premiership .

Do you guys think this will change in fm11 or is it due to you chairman giving you the funds

Thanks

That's the realism for you. I have always been given a fair amount of money. Usually about £10m ish and about another £100k extra for wages. This is fair imo. When I get promoted I always look for free transfers as you often find some good players who have just been released who can do the job in the Premiership. I also look at foreign clubs as sometimes their players can be cheaper. I also look at the transfer list as sometimes you can find a bargain. It's even better if they are at a foreign team as they seem to be offered out for a lot less than there value. I also look at the recently relegated teams from the Championship to see if I can get any good players from them. All in all I think it is quite realistic on what funds you get in the Premiership after promotion. However, it does depend on the chairman as sometimes I have been given £25m. On average though I get about £10m and £100k extra for wages.

I always played as Leeds United which of course for the last few years of FM has meant promotion to the Premier League within a few seasons, and I've always found I get enough funds to be able to build a team strong enough to survive in the Premier League.

Sure, it's generally not easy and I expect to struggle in my first season in the top flight, but I've always found it to be possible. I'd agree with Nottingham Forest's comments re: having to look for players. I often find that those signings in preparation for that first season in the Premier League are the toughest ones I ever have to make, as trying to find the right players within the funds available can be very hard.

It may be that as Leeds manager I've had more funds than other clubs might get, but the most I ever remember having is about £20m.

I find the boards quite restrictive as well upon EPL promotion, but I always managed to stay up after being promoted as I could always find some good players for that money.

Also I signed 2 or 3 players on installments only which lead to a smaller deduction from the transfer budget. So if you think you can or should spend more then this way can quadruple your spending limit if needed.

I find the boards quite restrictive as well upon EPL promotion, but I always managed to stay up after being promoted as I could always find some good players for that money.

Also I signed 2 or 3 players on installments only which lead to a smaller deduction from the transfer budget. So if you think you can or should spend more then this way can quadruple your spending limit if needed.

Which also has the risk of ending up with no money in 4 years time, struggling to repay debts and possibly administration.

Which also has the risk of ending up with no money in 4 years time, struggling to repay debts and possibly administration.

Completely agreed.

You shouldn't overdo it and especially not use this for every transfer. If you have spent 30m over the next 48 months you have to be aware that over the next 3 years every year 7.5m will still have to be paid. If you keep this in mind with your transfers then you should be fine.

If however you are doing this a few years in a row, then one day you will have istalments of 4 season being payable at once. Then you'll struggle to balance the books of course.

(this kept in mind however most people reach the CL anyway within 4 years of promotion and then the CL pay for this ;))

It's a risk that could pay off and not pay off. I think Blackpool have done the right thing tbh. I'm sure Holloway was hoping for money to sign some better players at the start of the season but the money was too much so they weren't going to risk it. If they go down they should be fine. They aren't doing to bad at the moment though so i'm sure Holloway is happy.

Archived