The GolDee FM08 Online Adventure Game

Just thought I would post in this topic about me and Goldy's 1v1 online game rather than in the Off Topic Forum. Basically because I am a post whore!

Background Information

This is an FM08 game surprisingly enough, we are using the latest update (8.0.1) and have loaded up all English and Scottish leagues on a large database. We both decided that lower league would be the best challenge so I let Goldy choose his team and then based mine around his.

Managers

Stephen Gold - Dorchester

David Lyness - Bath

Goldy decided we would go into the Blue Square South league, he went for Dorchester (media prediction 17th) and I went for newly promoted Bath (media prediction 12th) due to a decent sized stadium.

Will catch up on our progress once Goldy loads game up next.

GAME ON!

Just thought I would post in this topic about me and Goldy's 1v1 online game rather than in the Off Topic Forum. Basically because I am a post whore!

Background Information

This is an FM08 game surprisingly enough, we are using the latest update (8.0.1) and have loaded up all English and Scottish leagues on a large database. We both decided that lower league would be the best challenge so I let Goldy choose his team and then based mine around his.

Managers

Stephen Gold - Dorchester

David Lyness - Bath

Goldy decided we would go into the Blue Square South league, he went for Dorchester (media prediction 17th) and I went for newly promoted Bath (media prediction 12th) due to a decent sized stadium.

Will catch up on our progress once Goldy loads game up next.

GAME ON!

Thanks guys, i see I have lots of fans rooting for me!! icon_biggrin.gif

I have to let Dee beat me on COD4, otherwise he wouldnt want to play anymore! icon_biggrin.gif

Update coming soon of course!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deez0r:

Is that why you scream "take it easy on me daddy!" down the microphone when we play? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now your definately in your own little dream world!! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway Dee, you any good at making banners so we can start doing some proper updates in this thread and stop the spamming? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

This is more like a lovers tiff than that of an FM Online game icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jealous written all over it that! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

tester.png

Magpies turn Gold

Dorchester Town Chairman Eddie Mitchell was proud to announce his new man in charge of the club for the upcoming season, it was going to be none other than young rookie manager Steve Gold, the German will have his work cut out at Dorchester who the media are predicting to be in the mix for the fight to avoid relegation.

Eddie Mitchell was very proud with his announcement of Gold and commented in his press interview "

Mitchell:"Steve is a young, upcoming coach from Europe who´s reputation is rising throughout football, I hope this continues and we enjoy a very successful period with our new man in charge, we are one hundred percent behind our appointment even if the media have never heard of him in this country!

Dorchester Program Notes

Upon arrival at the club I inherited a list of Friendlies that were already setup by the board and also previous manager, there were 5 games in total and definately not against easy opposition but that should hopefully help us towards the start of the season and gain vital fitness levels.

Our Friendlies will be against:

Home@The Avenue Stadium, vs Rushden

Home@The Avenue Stadium, vs Scunthorpe

Home@The Avenue Stadium, vs AFC Wimbledon

Home@The Avenue Stadium, vs Colchester

Away@The Meadow, vs Chesham

Before we get underway with how the friendlies got on, during the course that the friendlies were going on, I was also very active in the Transfer market, although to start with it looked like no one wanted to join and players were accepting deals for less money with other clubs. What made it even worse was that Dee was signing players by the bucket load and I was beginning to wonder if anyone decent would ever join me! But by being persistant the hardwork paid off in the end and the signins were coming in at a steady pace with a quality from which I could have only dreamt about.

Transfers In

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Person | From | Fee |

| ------------------------------------------------------|

| Wilson, Marc | Portsmouth | Loan | Quality central midfielder.

| Baseya, Cédric | Southampton | Loan | Striker who is very strong in the air

| Little, Graham | Free Transfer | Free | Despite 35yrs old, was the first player willing to join before all the loans came in and scouts recommended him.

| Alcock, Craig | Yeovil | Loan | Utility defender, can play all across the back.

| Hall, Ryan | Crystal Palace | Loan | A very good left winger

| Wilkinson, David | Crystal Palace | Loan | Top goalkeeper from the palace youth ranks

| Fray, Arron | Crystal Palace | Loan | Good defender joining along with fellow team mates.

| James, Lloyd | Southampton | Loan | Comes in to cover in midfield.

| Songo'o, Franck | Portsmouth | Loan | Magnificant right winger - should do really well

| Mills, Joseph | Southampton | Loan | Left back to cover.

| Lallana, Adam | Southampton | Loan | A fab attacking mid who will hopefully create lots of chances and score a few himself

| Milsom, Robert | Fulham | Loan | Another fantastic left winger, plenty of pace.

| Sheringham, Charlie | Crystal Palace | Loan | We will see if Daddy has taught him anything.

| Myrie-Williams, Jennison | Bristol City | Loan | Pace Pace Pace, there wont be many quicker than him in this league.

| Howell, Andrew | Q.P.R. | Loan | Fantastic left back.

| Ephraim, Hogan | West Ham | Loan | No more needs to be said, way too good for this level, put a smile on my face to have signed him.

| Poke, Michael | Southampton | Loan | A much required keeper.

| Gillett, Simon | Southampton | Loan | Another player to help cover in the midfield area.

| Shimmin, Dominic | Q.P.R. | Loan | An upcoming defender who definately should impress.

| Avinel, Cédric | Watford | Loan | Same as above, central defender who should do very well.

| Dawkins, Simon | Tottenham | Loan | Highly recommended striker with lots of pace.

| Maghoma, Jacques | Tottenham | Loan | Another one for the midfield.

| Mills, Leigh | Tottenham | Loan | Another gap fill defender for suspensions and injuries.

| McKenna, Kieran | Tottenham | Loan | Fantastic signing, can play in quite a few positions.

| Barcham, Andrew | Tottenham | Loan | Winger or Striker, bags of pace.

| Reid, Kyel | West Ham | Loan | Joins his team mate and should feature on a regular basis.

</pre>

Parent/Feeder Club Agreement

Well, during our mass loan signings it was also delightful to get a Parent and a Feeder club in association with the club.

As Parent club we welcome Southampton, whom immediately sent us some quality young players as could be seen above, all were welcomed with open arms and should certainly do a sound job for us.

As Feeder club we managed to snap up Winchester, whom im sure will be delighted to get quite a few loan players from us, most of what was the first team squad at Dorchester also agreed to move on loan to them so get some regular football, which certainly pleases me.

Transfers Out

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Person | To | Fee |

| ---------------------------------------------|

| Henry, Charlie | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Browne, Alex | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Rowe, James | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Dutton, Brian | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Parker, Terry | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Robinson, Mark | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Bowles, Gary | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Peprah Annan, Nathan | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Bent, Elliot | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Watts, Darren | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Chengadu, Kishan | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Smeaton, Jake | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Jermyn, Mark | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Pinto-Moreira, Hardy | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Forbes, Ivan | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Smith, Sean | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Mitchell, Tom | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Nicholson, Mitchell | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Gleeson, Jamie | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Evans, Simon | Winchester | Loan | Feeder club agreement.

| Robinson, Mark | Free Transfer | Free | Surplus to requirement, contract ran out.

| Smith, Sean | Free Transfer | Free | Surplus to requirement, contract ran out.

| Bowles, Gary | Free Transfer | Free | Surplus to requirement, contract ran out.

| Chengadu, Kishan | Free Transfer | Free | Surplus to requirement, contract ran out.

| Forbes, Ivan | Free Transfer | Free | Surplus to requirement, contract ran out.

| Pinto-Moreira, Hardy | Free Transfer | Free | Surplus to requirement, contract ran out.

</pre>

So plenty of ins and outs at Dorchester for the upcoming season and we will certainly see how things go. Lots of very young quality players have come on loan and im hoping they will all shine.

The old first team squad has been loaned out to Winchester and the first team squad is made up only of the loan signings made during the summer. This has of course put us in a great financial situation in being well under our wage budget so far.

Friendlies

With being new to the management game, I decided I would use my assistant manager Steve Johnson to take charge during the friendlies as he already knows the players and it would give the chance to look for the much needed players that we require.

Home@The Avenue Stadium, vs Rushden

The first friendly of the pre season and unfortunately no joy for the 167 fans that turned up, we lose 2-0. Although there was a lot of promise in the first game as it could have easily ended with us enjoying victory but hopefully the team will build on this performance.

Home@The Avenue Stadium, vs Scunthorpe

A bumper crowd of 573 turned out for this one and they got what the came for, no not a Dorchester win, a goal fest, a 6 goal thriller, all of them going to the visitors aswell!

Home@The Avenue Stadium, vs AFC Wimbledon

Well the new signing did it! Little made himself a name by securing the first pre season win for us by smashing in a hattrick! A dominant performance on this day.

Home@The Avenue Stadium, vs Colchester

We gave a good account of ourselves but the pro´s showed us how its done properly by finishing off the few chances that they did get in this game.

Away@The Meadow, vs Chesham

Our only away visit of the whole pre season and it turned into a boring one aswell, the game saw us get many chances but no goals.

So pre season is over, we faced some tough opponents and thankfully did manage a victory to lift spirits a little, its going to be a tough long season.

The League Predictions

The media have not taken kindly to my management of the club and we have been given a prediction of 17th in the league, we should be gearing up for a relegation fight and our odds have been put up at 50-1 to win the league.

So its all to aim for in the new season, with the loan signings ive made im certainly aiming to get a lot higher than 17th in the league and hopefully we can steady ourselves for even a promotion bid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

jesus you've pushed the boat out on the old banners icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Very technical, must of took him days! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deez0r:

Havent been able to update as of yet as Chelsea match was on last night and Goldy needs to be in bed by 9pm bless him. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To add to the fact, Goldy has a proper job and Dee spends all day in his room! icon_biggrin.gif

tester.png

The Golden Era Begins

Its Saturday, the 11th of August, the fans, the players, the staff, the manager, this is what they have all been waiting for, a new season of football starts with hope that their club would do better than all other clubs, the excitement, the will to win, the thought of disappointment, here we are again!

Dorchester would not start the season easily, a media prediction of 50-1 for the title and to start us off, Dorchester would travel away for their first two games, of course to top it all off, it would be an opening day corker, Bath host a mouthwatering tie against Dorchester, Dee vs Goldy, this would just show what both managers have managed to do over the summer months with their respective clubs......who would come out on top? ......... Well, only one way to find out.

Blue Square South

Bath--VS--Dorchester

The atmosphere at Twerton Park was electric, there was a buzz in the air, this was a special game for both managers, neither wanted to lose, who ever wins it will gain a big advantage over the other in terms of bragging rights, both felt they could win....

Ray Gould holds the whistle in his mouth and......we´re off, Bath kick off this eagerly awaited match and the start of the new season for both clubs, both looking to play an attractive flowing attacking style game, it should be interested who comes out on top.

It took just 6 minutes to see the opening goal and it was the visitors enjoying the display of fantastic, quick attacking football, a four pass manoever saw Ephraim break free of the Bath defence and smash it home.

Just 3 minutes later the lead was doubled, this time by Kyle Reid, after a throw in deep in the Dorchester half, Ephraim played a high angled ball towards Reid, perfect control saw Reid then take the ball 40 yards before thrashing it home.

It went from bad to worse for Bath as just after 18 minutes, a massive defensive mistake cost them another goal, a Bath throw in near the edge of their penalty area went astray of the defender and straight to Ephraim, without hesitation, he bags his brace.

Well the man was on fire, on the half hour mark and to round of a magnificant first half display for himself and the team, Ephraim breaks free from the Bath defence to go one on one with the Keeper where there was only going to be one outcome.....HATTRICK! What a day debut he is having!

Just after the break, the barrage continued on the Bath goal, this time a great run from Barcham was completed with a thunder bolt from a tight angle to notch up numero five onto the scoresheet and pile on the misery for Dee and the Bath fans.

Just after the hour mark, it was a set piece from the half way line that rumbled the Bath net as Ephraim once more got among the defenders and rose highest to nod Dorchester into a six goal lead!

Myrie-Williams came on for Ephraim who had today played the Bath defence completely off the park and showed exactly what he could do within minutes of coming on by using his blistering pace to go round the Bath defence and slot it past the keeper.

To round things off it was another sub who made a difference, right winger Songo´o came on, sprinted through the middle of two Bath defenders and smashing it into the top corner to round off a fantastic display of football entertainment at which poor Dee and his Bath side were on the receiving end of!

Although the scoreline stands at 8-0, even manager Dee told the press he was delighted that it stayed it 8 as it easily could have been double that scoreline!

Full Time: Bath 0 : 8 Dorchester

Goals: Ephraim (4), Reid, Barcham, Myrie-Williams, Songo´o

Man of the Match: Ephraim

Yellow Cards: Fray, Mills

Red Cards: None

Attendance: 756

Well what an opening day to the season, a fantastic win and one Dee will certainly not forget, but we need to build on this win as there is a very long way to go in the season and just about anything can still happen!

More league games and cup details will follow!

1111111.PNG

Lyness Brought In To Save Bath From Going Down The Drain

Bath have appointed relatively unknown Northern Irish David Lyness to become their new manager. Lyness who has not managed before is said to be delighted to be given this oppurtunity.

"I was surprised when I received the call and offered the job due to my limited experience," Lyness said in a brief press conference. The club who where the starting team for both Jason Dodd, the now Southampton assistant manager, and Bobby Zamora, now off course at West Ham. The stadium Twerton Park holds a healthy 8,800 spectators (1000 or so seated). The stadium thta used to be shared with both Bristol City and Bristol Rovers.

Lyness has it all to do with the newly promoted side predicted to finish lower mid-table in their first season in the Conference South. With no money to spend Lyness will be looking for some free transfers and loans to try and push them up the table.

More to follow!

1111111.PNG

Pre Season

With only a few days to prepare for his first ever game under Bath City, Lyness scoured the free transfer list to see if he could pick anyone up and bolster his small squad. Lyness indeed picked up a number of frees to try and fit into his style of play.

David Keogh, a young striked was brought in to bolster the attack.

Josh Mulvaney, Luke Beckingham & Philip Middleton where brought in to fight for the attacking midfielder role.

Paul Gethings & Josh O'Grady where signed to fight it out for the defensive midfield role.

Alex Watson, Danny Vella & Nick Boothby where signed to add a bit of experience to the defence.

Luckily for us we where able to get Southampton in as a parent club so some of their promising youngsters could come and get some valueable playing time. Josh Dutton-Black brought some lightning pace to the wing and Jamie Hatch added some much needed ability to our right back role. Luckily a little into the season I was able to pick up a few more, Oliver Lancashire has been brought in and has shown the ability to keep the attackers out and has helped with quite a few goals from corners. He is now partnering Michael Byrne at the back, another of Southamptons youth products. Matthew Patterson has come in to fight for the starting striker spot along with Tom Clarke who was brought in on loan from Yeovil. Jamie White brought some pace to the left winger spot also from Southampton.

Pre Season Results

With Lyness doing quite a lot of training work he let his assistant manager look after the friendlies as he looked on from the crowd.

Carshalton 2-0 Bath

Leek Town 6-3 Bath

Swindon 2-1 Bath

Vauxhall Motors 4-2 Bath

Bath 1-1 Dagenham & Redbridge

Bath 3-2 Woking

Some very good signs going forward in our friendlies but conceeding a lot of foals with not 1 clean sheet throughout. Luckily this was before I was able to bolster my team with better players. Fitness was up so thankfully we gained something from these friendlies.

1111111.PNG

August

Our first game of the season was against Dorchested who was took over by Goldy. Unfortunately for us he had wheeled and dealed a number (a whole first team) of top quality youngsters from the Premiership & Championship. And when the first goal went in from a poor defensive mistake you could see the heads drop already. The team got pummeled and we where lucky not to have been beaten by double figures. Thankfully the second hardest game was out of the way on day one (the first being away to Dorchester icon_biggrin.gif). Luckily we only had two days to dwell on the defeat and get a chance to redeem ourselves as we travelled to Havant & Waterlooville on the Monday. Out first goal of the season came from Southampton loanee Dutton-Black & he made it 2-0 jsut after the half hour mark. Gilroy & Middleton made the game save midway through the second half and our first win was acheived. A late consolation for them could not dampen things and we where up & running. St Albans where up next and once again Middleton grabbed a goal to give us the lead at half time but St Albans equalised mid-way through the second half. An inspired sub was made and a minute after coming on Leonard grabbed what turned out to be the winner in the 80th minute. We travelled to Hayes & YEading and it was Leonard once again who give us the lead on the 67th minute but some slack defending right at the end allowed Hayes & Yeading to nick a point in a game we really should have won. A home game against favourites Basingstoke was up next and for the third game in a row Leonard put us ahead. Basingstoke pulled level just before half time but a penalty from the big centre back Lancashire gave us all three points in a tight game.

Summary

A poor start to the season with the heavy defeat but we have recovered well to sit just outside the playoff spots. Tom Leonard has impressed before an injury is going to keep him out for a month or two. Crowds also steadily increasing at home with nearly 1000 per game. Impressed with Dutton-Black on the wing also and McKeever the left back who has racked up a number of assists so far.

• 1 month later...

Archived