Success with youngsters

I'm with West Ham in my 3rd season and after having sold a few fantastic signings for mostly double the amount that I've bought them (Di Maria, Lavezzi, Busquets just to name a few) I tried to buy as many promising young players as possible.

I don't want to complain but with a team which includes no more than 5 players under 17 (!!!) and a total average of 21 years I managed to get 3rd place this season!

I'm just wondering if other people had experienced the same "problem"?

It appears to me that having a good amount of money in the bank and rather investing the money wisely is helping the manager to have success on the pitch...I'm not sure if I'm clear on this one but having some problems to describe it properly as English is not my native tongue.

You just became Ajax Fc :p

I don't think having money in the bank brings direct success on the pitch. I think having money to buy good players 2-3 star players, 7-10 very promising youngsters, upgrade facilities...

You have to invest at some point if you want success. I to am a player who likes he's bank balance stable and growing (and usually go for free signings) but sometimes you have to dig deep and buy a star player who can drag your team all the way to the top.

Archived