Database size and Leagues???

I have not been able to decide how big to make my database and how many leagues to include... this is partly due to the fact that I don't understand what the consequences are to my choices.

so my question is...

if I start with Roma and I want to stay with Roma but I want to be able to keep the world around me realistic do I need to add all the leagues in other countries? If i want to accurately scout Brazil, or get players from Portugal do I need to add those leagues as view only? Or does setting it to large database solve that?

Also, I hate when you go to check on a player in another country and you didn't add that league so they don't have any stats....

what is the best way around all this? I don't want to have slow game play because I add too much, but I don't want to have limited information or miss out on anything.

And the same question applies if I didn't want to stick with just one team... say I wanted to do a career and jump around... What is best for this?

Well a lot is going to depend on your system. Are you running on a modern desktop/laptop or a few years old, and what's your RAM and processor?

In FM10 I ran all the leagues in Europe as low as they could go, and added in USA and Australia on top of that. I also loaded all players I possibly could from the drop down menus, or at least all those in Europe, North America and Oceania. I have a quad core 3.2GHz and 6G RAM and it ran nice and fast. It took a few minutes to run through a weekend schedule but weeks went by fast enough.

Loading all players from a country will let you scout there but you won't see realistic player stats. View only will improve that but I don't know exactly how much less processing power that uses. Unless you've got a really old machine then I suspect you'll be able to run the top European leagues and all players from Europe. That should be realistic enough for a good number of people.

If you are playing a long term game, you will need to generate high quality newgens and for that you need playable leagues.

Roma are a high-end team, so you'll need to run top end leagues to supply you with players. So you need to think where you'll be recruiting from. Norway, probably not. Brazil definitely yes.

Unfortunately, it all depends on your system and are you prepared to sacrifice quality for speed?

are you prepared to sacrifice quality for speed?

Definitely true. I went down this road, I did not regret it I have a huge amount of players, leagues, teams to chose from. It's slow yes, but i watch poker online, TV, read, or do other stuff while it's processing.

thanks for the simple answer to my stupid question :D

I dont think my computer is too up to speed, will check it later tonight but I usually run the following without any real difficultly and it ensures a fairly accurate game:

Argentina: both leagues

Brazil: All three leagues

England: Down to League 2

Italy: Serie B

Spain: Second Division

Portugal: Second Division

Archived