Hyundau A-League 2011 demo first thaughts

Just downloading the demo now whats everybodies first thaughts on the A-league demo version, I personally hope they have changed the entire marquee players system for one and have made it pssible for all the games to be played on the same day for quicker online play.

EDIT: Just like to add an EPIC FAIL to whoever decides the ratings on the A-league, Jets/Fury heavily underrated and I dont think one single player in the A-league is valued correctly including many forign players being overrated

Just downloading the demo now whats everybodies first thaughts on the A-league demo version, I personally hope they have changed the entire marquee players system for one and have made it pssible for all the games to be played on the same day for quicker online play.

EDIT: Just like to add an EPIC FAIL to whoever decides the ratings on the A-league, Jets/Fury heavily underrated and I dont think one single player in the A-league is valued correctly including many forign players being overrated

Care to explain why?

Also what A-League demo, if you are basing it on just looking at the teams in the a-league when using the quickstart for a different country, most of the stats are made up as the players stats wont be loaded. For example if i load the english quick load Fury only have 1 real player and no staff.

The strawberry version of the demo includes England, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Brazil, Argentina, Chile as leagues, there is no a-league demo as far as im aware.

Hi tom69er,

The demo I downloaded via steam does not have the A-League available as a quick start.

Cheers,

Mark

The Australian 4-4-2 website has a download for the demo which has only the a-league quickstart with it. I downloaded both and merged it all so the a-league quickstart was also available for use. Haven't played the a-league yet though so can't comment on the OP's views.

Im using the one from the 442 website. Tarek Elrich has 17 pace yet alex brosque has 13 ????? I was gonna go into detail but it would take to long generaly I think Adelaide and Melbourne Heart are done reasonably well but the technical abilities of North Queensland and Newy

in particular are just ludicrus. and one of the Best defenders in the A-league Matt Smith wont make an apearence with his stats in game. Anyway I havnt had time to look properly

downloading it now, having a look at the stats i submitted they seem more then reasonable, literally every single player has better stats than last year.

I also didnt get to stat 2 players as the other researchers didnt get the files over in time so they will be based on their stats and not mine.

on the topic of williams his stats look ok to me, they average 10 and he has CA of 96 and PA of 125 so still quite a good way to improve, what would you suggest giving him as a base stat?

if possible can someone who thinks the stats are wrong please either post the ones here that you think or pm me if you would rather (fury only) and ill get the info to the other researchers to think about.

ok have just loaded upand played 3 games as the fury, results below

Perth Glory 0-2 Fury - Williams brace

Fury 3-1 Sydney FC - Payne, Williams, Storey

Melb Victory 1-2 Fury - Williams brace

seems to be ok for me, getting into top positions and finishing well, Eugene Sepuya is also looking good, looks strong attacking crosses and corners etc

sorry if it sounds like im defending myself alot, i just dont think the work i did was 'just ludicrus'

The Australian 4-4-2 website has a download for the demo which has only the a-league quickstart with it. I downloaded both and merged it all so the a-league quickstart was also available for use. Haven't played the a-league yet though so can't comment on the OP's views.

Thanks, didn't realise. I have a look.

I already posted over on the data section, but this seems a better place for more general opinions. I also think some of the ratings are inconsistent at first glance. What the OP might not realise however is that Australian researchers are not responsible for the ratings of overseas imports, these come from the researchers of their own original leagues, so give people a break on that one.

My first opinion is that the Pheonix needs a little work, bit disapointing to me since I thought that, if anything, most of their players might be overrated if anything owing to how NZ performed at the World Cup. Unfortunately guys like Bertos, Brown, and Paston et al seem a bit undercooked so far. Otherwise, after playing the 6 months of the demo, things seem pretty reasonable overall. No team or individual player has been a standout. Playing Sydney FC with no new signings I am on top but only just, and that seems pretty good to me.

Archived