FM2011: Match Preparation

I am hoping that, eventually, my team will understand what I want to do with my match tactics. However, even after a while there does not seem to be much improvement with the squad in any of the areas in the match preperation screen. A month and a half and they are still awkward? It is just hard to imagine teams taking so long to gel.

For me, the bars are close to being maxed out about a dozen games into the season (not including preseason). I think it helps if you're consistent with your tactics and don't fiddle with them every chance you get.

There's another thread about this elsewhere but from that I have gathered the following from SI employees:

1. Setting one of the training focuses takes time away from the tactic formation, so setting no focus will mean more time spent on the tactics and the players will get used to it quicker.

2. The fewer tactics you have listed the quicker the players will learn them. So if you only have 1 or 2 different tactics that you use then set the others to none.

It is possible to set the intensity of the match preparation, but that will increase workload for the players and/or take time away from the regular training which improves the players attributes.

So it's a matter of thinking short term or long term. Personally I have 2 tactics set up and no focus set and using the default workload and my players have got up to Competant in some aspects of the tactics by the second game of the season.

Archived