Finishing attribute

shot technique, decisions, composure = finishing

No, Finishing is purely the technical aspect of finishing (which is why it's a technical attribute ;) ), i.e. shot technique and shot accuracy.

deeney has 15 finishing, klose has 12 how the fk is that worked out

I don't know Deeney but Klose's shot technique is pretty bad for a striker of his calibre, so 12 is perfectly fine.

It's shot accuracy. Anderson has reasonable technique, decisions and composure, but absolutely rubbish finishing, for example.

Most technical players will be good finishers, granted.

I suppose you could consider it something like "the ability to stick it in the top corner" - how good can this player do this? For some players, like van Nistelrooy, this will probably be 19 or 20, for example - van Goal could stick it anywhere in the net from anywhere in the 6-yard box, while Anderson would probably sky it.

why is this on the game

shot technique, decisions, composure = finishing

deeney has 15 finishing, klose has 12 how the fk is that worked out, tevez has 15 finishing aswell, seriously fm wtf are you doing.

i think you need to actually learn how it works and what each stat means before posting something like this. As said, 'finishing' is usually lower on players as it is really only part of goal scoring. If you gave a striker 18 for finishing and poor technique, composure, off the ball he would barely get a goal. you thinking of "shot technique, decisions, composure = finishing" is completely wrong, finishing is as individual a stat as the other 3 you mentioned.

Imagine 20 being 100... and does any player ever shoot the ball into a position to score (whether or not the goal can or can not save it) 100 out of 100 times in the heat of battle... a few can. Tevez 15 out of 20 times sounds reasonable... look at it like misses 5 times out of 20, which professionals do.

As for the "shot technique, decisions, composure = finishing" I completely agree with aussieant32... I can be so strong mentally, knowing where to shot the ball, how much curve to put on a shot, yet the actually ability for myself to "finish" is poor.

I've always thought that the "finishing" attribute is basically how accurate his shot is.

The "technique" attribute is his ability to pull off difficult things, and this applies to finishing, dribbling, passing, etc

So someone who has 20 finishing and 5 technique, can only apply simple finishing, but it'll be very precise

Someone with 5 finishing and 20 technique, can take very difficult shots, like curls, lob shots, and volleys, but they won't be very accurate.

Archived