Some questions for Sports Interactive

Hello everybody. I just had a few questions for the people of the football manager department (lol) of sports interactive.

Obviously you are all working tirelessly right now to iron out as many of the bug reported from the demo as possible, if not for the actual game disc then for the 11.1 patch to be released on release day I expect. (I am guessing this as the 10.1 patch was available on release day of FM 2010 as well). But anyway, on the eve of release day, do you all have a massive party to celebrate? And come midnight, when Game, gamestation, HMV, amazon.com etc. send you their release day sales figures and it hits whatever target Miles Jacobson (aka Hugh Heffner) has set, do you get another round of double voddie mixers or beer whilst some big man in the corner bangs a gong with a big mallet and you all do another shot of buca in celebration of all your hard work?

If not, can I organise your party for FM 2012?

From a professional tester.....

Yep, you organise a party but its normally AFTER go-live, likely a week after. The first week is spent monitoring any live issues and checking any bug reports

Normally you've spent long working week hours and weekends continually testing.

Have a smallish party and then it starts again

Sure, go ahead and prganise the party and please send me an invite :D However can I bring my laptop as I may be busy playing the game :D

Archived