1 misclick and I've lost the whole team

So I went to go rest the whole team after a Sunday match ahead of a champions league game on wednesday. Instead of hitting squad > training, I accidentally hit squad > reserve squad. Obviously I noticed it right away (My squadlist became empty), and immediately moved everyone back. I never even hit continue once. However, I now have a squad of very unhappy players who are all upset they've been demoted to the reserves.

I have used the new conversation feature to try and explain that it was an accident. Amusingly, several don't believe me even though they are already back in the first team. Even the ones who did believe its an accident are still concerned ahead of the big midweek clash.

Suggestions to fix:

1) Add a confirmation window when you move someone from first team > reservers. (we already have them everywhere else).

or

2) Make it so that squad changes aren't finalized until you hit continue. This would allow you to correct a mistake before losing the whole team.

Anyone else ever done something stupid with similar results?

edit: Rooney even went as far as to requesting to be transfer listed because of that mistake. For any of you united fans, this might be a good way to get him to be transfer listed without ****ing off the rest of the team :p

yer i agree, option 2 would be the best bet, id get annoyed with option 1 pretty quickly as i often call 5-6 players up for cup/easier games and would have to click 'yes' 10 times to move them and move them back

I'm actually in agreement. I'd probably click the "Do not show this message again" option if there were a confirmation lol. Option #2 would be better. I'm hesitant to even call up/send down anyone for the cupcake games anymore for fear they will get annoyed. I've taken to just having everyone in the first team squad and then have them all set to "availible for the reserves".

II'm hesitant to even call up/send down anyone for the cupcake games anymore for fear they will get annoyed. I've taken to just having everyone in the first team squad and then have them all set to "availible for the reserves".

I may be thinking about this wrong, but you can select players in the Reserve or Youth teams to play in a match without moving them to the First Team. In the match team selection screen you can use the filters to show whichever squads you want. So, if I'm in a league cup game and want my youth striker or reserve keeper to get a game I leave him in the lower squad but select him to play in the match. He plays without moving officially to the first team. Therefore he won't get unhappy about moving back to Reserves because he never left it.

^ I do the same, i select the young/reserve players using the filters and then have my assistant select the substitutes (which is normally first team players) then the youths don't get unhappy

although, i have demoted Tom Cairney, Spence and other signings to the reserves without complaint (i don't know about that, but it wasn't bought up on my news item) - playing as arsenal and they've got hot prospect/young talent as their squad status - which may have something to do with it

Archived