2012: the year everything goes pear-shaped

I have played FM for years. Spanish and English leagues have been my main stomping grounds; I enjoy long-term games. Strangely enough, without fail, the nation in which I manage (no thanks to me) will slowly become totally dominant in all areas. Just now I had a look at the past winners of the UEFA Golden Boot in the years 2007 to 2023, a period where I've managed one club, Barnet. Some strange facts emerge:

- 2007-2011: Only one player from the EPL featured on the list (Drogba finished 3rd in 2009).

- 2012-2023: New World Order: 33 of 36 players represented an EPL club! 32 of the players were from AI teams, i.e. only one of my players was featured, one time, so it's not because the user-controlled players have run amok.

As for the winner of the UEFA Cup a similar (but perhaps not as mind-blowing) trend emerges:

- 2007-2011: 0 English victories.

- 2012-2023: 6 English victories (5 AI victories).

I can't give reasonable AI data for Champions League because I've been dominant there from 2014 onwards.

I find the development rather weird. Yes, granted, English football is very strong but the displayed dominance will never occur in real life - especially the Golden Boot example. That's simply impossible. But it gives credence the theory that far too many goals are being scored.

It would be interesting if anyone else has come across similar outrageous values from other leagues.

I have played FM for years. Spanish and English leagues have been my main stomping grounds; I enjoy long-term games. Strangely enough, without fail, the nation in which I manage (no thanks to me) will slowly become totally dominant in all areas. Just now I had a look at the past winners of the UEFA Golden Boot in the years 2007 to 2023, a period where I've managed one club, Barnet. Some strange facts emerge:

- 2007-2011: Only one player from the EPL featured on the list (Drogba finished 3rd in 2009).

- 2012-2023: New World Order: 33 of 36 players represented an EPL club! 32 of the players were from AI teams, i.e. only one of my players was featured, one time, so it's not because the user-controlled players have run amok.

As for the winner of the UEFA Cup a similar (but perhaps not as mind-blowing) trend emerges:

- 2007-2011: 0 English victories.

- 2012-2023: 6 English victories (5 AI victories).

I can't give reasonable AI data for Champions League because I've been dominant there from 2014 onwards.

I find the development rather weird. Yes, granted, English football is very strong but the displayed dominance will never occur in real life - especially the Golden Boot example. That's simply impossible. But it gives credence the theory that far too many goals are being scored.

It would be interesting if anyone else has come across similar outrageous values from other leagues.

Guest arrogantio

Are you simulating the other leagues? If not, their national leagues won't produce as many regens and their clubs won't be so active in buying in players and thus the balance will inevitably tilt towards the EPL.

Yes, I should have mentioned the other leagues: I run the German, French, Dutch, Spanish (first tier), Italian, Scottish (first and second tier), and England down to BSP. The top leagues of Europe should be represented.

On a different note, Spain dominate everything in the international arena. They've won the World Cup several times. I have not been involved in international management - so that's purely an AI affair.

It's my assessment that there are loads of top-quality foreign regens, especially Spanish and French.

Archived