Agents - Why can't we make public them scuppering deals?

I am quite enjoying the frustration of dealing with agents in the demo. One thing that I feel is missing is the ability to make public the agent's role in a deal being scuppered. When you "interact" with a player there is no option to say something along the lines of "The player's demands were more than met but the greedy b*****d wanted more than the player for the sale..."

Obviously there would need to be a positive option and it would have an impact upon their liking for you however if it led to the player forcing the agent to do a deal (because they are very interested in joining) that would be really useful

Don't know what others think?

I think that's a fantastic suggestion. It would add some strategic depth, especially is releasing such a comment has the possibility to either bring the player back to the negotiating table or else resolve to leave the club, depending on both the player's and the agent's personality.

I hate agents they are useless, and they will ruin lots and lots of deals in the market (especially when there's a financial crisis and most of the clubs have debts)

they just swallow money that isn't given back to the game

for example

I wanted to sign Robert Pires (36 years old) and his agent demanded a fee of 1,300,000 euro only for him!(agent fee)

I prefer to raise the installments for the player, after all he deserves the money more, he plays his football, but the agent? 1,300,000 euro? on a 36 year old? who even is not a world class superstar?

I say lots of money spent bad

Couldnt agree more. The agent fees can be ridiculous and so difficult to handle. I'm all up for the discussions, complicated agents and go easy agents, but the fees they charge are crazy and just make it impossible to sign players without having to fork out a bomb on agent fees.

Being me, I obviously knew nothing of how much an agent would charge for handling it all, and my guesses have been way out with them coming up with millions for players.

i know agents fees are terrible and crippling, and are of utmost greediness, but thats RL. its about time FM introduced this into the game, because it is such a large aspect of transfer dealing these days.

think the agents are greedy bastards? good, thats how its supposed to be, because they are.

and as for public/press comments about a deal being scuppered; yeah, i like it. im sure it will be brought in in future versions but not fm11. the agents feature is new and like all new features will take a few years before SI manage to deliver the goods to the fans whilst evolving the data.

A talk to press feature for Agents like you can for players/managers would be incredible.

The one's you publically back could also be hired by players who list you as favoured personell

Although, clubs do talk about Agents alot, they never come out publically and criticise a specific agent officially.

Archived