Game getting too difficult

I am currently having the same issue with FM11 as i have done pretty much every year since 07, the new versions have so many new features its getting harder and harder to play. Just to play one game you have to spent ages on tactics and individual instructions where as before you just picked a starting 11, kept an eye on the match stats and went on with it.

Does anyone have any basic tips of how to win games? Im playing as Cardiff and have mid table form where as people playing as them who can be bothered to analyse each opposition and each player's strengths/weaknesses etc are doing fine. I cant be bothered to buy the full game if its going to take all this effort to play a computer game, it used to be fun and engaging, now its seems the game has evolved into actual management (which obviously for a lot of people is a good thing) but for me the enjoyment has been taken out. i want to be able to sit and watch something on TV and play in the background not sit with a Rothmans guide and work through how many goals my team scores in the last 10 minutes of away games from throw ins. The player interaction and stuff whilst realistic is a bit pointless, i understand its part of being a manager but its so time consuming to go through it all. And yes ive made my assistant manager do as much as possible for me :-D

I don't think so, sorry. I would say it is challenging, but there you go.

Tactics are essential, for example don't just choose any tactic and strategy, look at the player in that position and choose a tactic to his strength, if you have a player with no 'on the ball skills' don't have him dribble etc. A player with crap passing, should not be doing short passing and so on.

I doubt you are going to get the replies you want in this thread, the general consensus is that with the likes of the tactics creator , the game is as easy as it has ever been.

Tbh I think you are maybe over reacting, there are plenty of people who just set their initial tactic using the wizard ( or not ) pick their 11 best players , and have success.

It wouldn't be much of a game if you just picked 11 players and hit go. As a football manager tactics are a very important part of what you do.

Clearly before you play your first will be the longest period of sorting out tactics since you have to decide what you want your players to do. After that its more about making adjustments. Its not really so difficult to set up a couple of tactics that suit your players and send them out and make a couple of changes if you notice a guy not really doing what you wanted.

I have found the same problem, I dont have time nowadays to spend hours creating tactics and sorting training etc. But the way i get round this is choosing a big club in an easy league. for example Ajax. Half the teams in the league are abysmal so you should be able to beat them whatever the tactis! Just concentrate on buying good players and playing matches. With the DLR it should make this even more enjoyable as eventually you will be able to sign the best players in the world if you have consistent success.

hope that helps.

Archived