Lobbed goals

Just a quick question, are others seeing a lot of lobbed goals?

I am seeing it again and again - even to the point my defensive midfielder (Rodgers) for AFC Telford (who has the technique of a sausage) has just lobbed the keeper from the edge of the area.

I've seen it happen four times in about sixteen friendly games, and had a player round the keeper once. That probably is a bit high, but before this version I've never seen a player lob the keeper (successful for not), and I was lucky if a player rounded the keeper once in a whole season.

I have had 4 attempted lobs in my Man Utd save, 1 was a headed lob over the keeper by Berbatov, one in Cantona fashion off the post by Nani, one standard lob over the keeper by Rooney and one from the half way line that was saved from Fletcher. It's more than what I have seen from previous versions but I haven't had problems with it to be honest.

I have had 4 attempted lobs in my Man Utd save, 1 was a headed lob over the keeper by Berbatov, one in Cantona fashion off the post by Nani, one standard lob over the keeper by Rooney and one from the half way line that was saved from Fletcher. It's more than what I have seen from previous versions but I haven't had problems with it to be honest.

I can accept it with top quality players but I am seeing it from players who should not even be able to score in that fashion.

I've seen two lobbed goals, and one miss, but I've played a lot more than most people.

The first was by Tom Cleverly on England debut in the 94th minute to win a match with his weaker foot :cool:

Check out the pictures in the bug thread above, I have found inconsistent keeper movement

I've been getting this too, I think basically the keepers seem to charge out very quickly and very far, so much so that theres a lot of space behind them and you get a chance to lob the ball. Its not a matter of the strikers not being good enough to chip someone thats the problem from what I've seen. It really isn't that difficult a skill to do when the keeper offers you so much space to put it into.

Archived