[FM2011] Home Grown Players

What are the rules regarding Grown in country, does that mean he has to be home grown for some club or just trained in that country for 3 seasons?

There is a difference there, like if he trained for 3 different clubs in the same country he would not be home grown for any of them but could he be grown in country?

I would assume he would be homegrown for the country. It would be ridiculous any other way, a player that has grown up and trained all his career in Spain is clearly Spanish trained whether he changed clubs every 6 months or not.

• 2 months later...

I don't like this rule change. I just lost out two home-grown players who have a due date because I loaned them out to gain experience. There must be at least some kind of warning if you do this kind of rule change as the home grown rules can be an annoying ruling for European squads.

Ive known this for a while after I had some problems with loaning players out..... Ruined my save TBH.

Ive also had a lot of discussion on the forum with people who don't know this new addition and refuse to believe it.

There should definately be some kind of in-game info on this.

(If a player under the age of 18 tains in a country for 3 FULL years b4 his 21st birthday, he will become "Trained in Nation". So if you loan out a 17 year old for a seasson to a club in the same country, he will still be "Trained in Nation" but he won't be "Trained at Club" unless he has been with your club since at least the previous season.

Bring in an 18 year old from abroad, and he can't get "Trained in Nation/Club" tag becuase he hasn't got 3 full years left b4 his 21st brithday)

Bring in an 18 year old from abroad, and he can't get "Trained in Nation/Club" tag becuase he hasn't got 3 full years left b4 his 21st brithday)

Just to correct this statement - if you sign someone ON their 18th birthday, then they WILL get home grown status

Just to correct this statement - if you sign someone ON their 18th birthday, then they WILL get home grown status

Doesnt have to on his 18th birthday but in the first 6 months of his 18th year. I signed a 18 y/o regen in the january window that was 18 since the 29th July and he will become homegown(club) in 3 years time.

That is such a pain, my club really struggles to produce any quality through the youth academy so I buy foreign players young and loan them out, assuming they will class as home-grown for club. There should really be some kind of warning, or something on a player's page to show how many days he has trained at club and how many days are available to qualify as home grown. Or shall I just get a pen and paper and keep track of each one?

That is such a pain, my club really struggles to produce any quality through the youth academy so I buy foreign players young and loan them out, assuming they will class as home-grown for club. There should really be some kind of warning, or something on a player's page to show how many days he has trained at club and how many days are available to qualify as home grown. Or shall I just get a pen and paper and keep track of each one?

This indeed caused a lot of pain for many of us. With no clear rules and misleading dates/criteria, the best you can do is to look under your squad list, under views/home grown status. The due date will be available there but be forewarned that the date does disappear if you sent your players out on loan.

Annoying problem - great thread

Im still not completely clear on the rules - guess I will do some testing.

However I am baffled that my 2o year old former Arsenal player who has never left the country doesn't qualify as a national player in the European competitions.

Annoying problem - great thread

Im still not completely clear on the rules - guess I will do some testing.

However I am baffled that my 2o year old former Arsenal player who has never left the country doesn't qualify as a national player in the European competitions.

Why are you bothering to register an U21 player for Europe - they can play automatically without being registered? Just leave a space in the 25, or put someone else in.

Why are you bothering to register an U21 player for Europe - they can play automatically without being registered? Just leave a space in the 25, or put someone else in.

Actually he may be older, but that is besides the point after reading this tread I wanted to test it. The problem is he doesn't show as a national player and doesn't have a due date, so at 25 he still wont count towards the national players although he is very much English and having been trained in Arsenal for his entire youth.

Just started a new save (11.2.1) where I simulated for 8,5 seasons and took over at Man Utd.

I was about to register my CL quad and here are two players which I specifically kept due to their HG status (trained in nation, should be trained in club in the old system) but when I tried to register them in the CL squad they wouldn't count as HG. Both players are regens. I do however have another regen who counts as trained at club...and he can be registered. Weird and annoying.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Anyone know what the situation is if you co-own a player? Is it only the club that the player plays for during the co-ownership period that builds up homegrown status, or do both / neither?

I can't be certain but common sence would sugguest that if a player is trained by a club (Example - Arsenal) for 3 years before his 21st birthday, he will have the "Trained at Club" (Trained at Arsenal) tag even if he is co-owned.

Archived