Building a relationship with an agent in the game

If you do a lot of business with an agent and have paid them a lot over the years, will it be possible in the game to form a close working relationship with that particular agent so that they may tip you off that one of their players might become available well before letting any other club know?

And will they steer their client towards your club over others- you scratch my back etc?

And can you recommend that agent to your players who may currently have different representation?

I did 5 consecutive failed contract negotiations with the agent of Javier Pastore and now I am on the list of disliked personnel of the agent. Went from No 5 to No 3 of the list. Another bad effect of being on the list is that the demands of the agent will be greater for each degree of dislike for you. That also means that I will never be able to sign Javier Pastore unless he sack his agent.

Anyone else remember ultimate soccer manager 98? You could offer bungs and place bets on your next game!

i would like to place a bat

bet on the final of the CL final or something (provided that you're not in it)

would be a good use for the manager wages imo - total earnings & bet winnings

If you do a lot of business with an agent and have paid them a lot over the years, will it be possible in the game to form a close working relationship with that particular agent so that they may tip you off that one of their players might become available well before letting any other club know?

And will they steer their client towards your club over others- you scratch my back etc?

And can you recommend that agent to your players who may currently have different representation?

I think that would be a neat idea

• 2 weeks later...
I did 5 consecutive failed contract negotiations with the agent of Javier Pastore and now I am on the list of disliked personnel of the agent. Went from No 5 to No 3 of the list. Another bad effect of being on the list is that the demands of the agent will be greater for each degree of dislike for you. That also means that I will never be able to sign Javier Pastore unless he sack his agent.

re-tarded way of implementing it.. the agent doesnt even allow me to table an offer at all.. its re-tarded and a total waste of money for me to buy fm2011!!

One thing I think would be neat would be if you could try to convince a player to sack his agent (I assume you cant do this). Say you are on an agents disliked people list, and he is making it impossible to get a certain player who would be interested in signing for you, or is making it very difficult due to his demands, it would be good if on the player interaction part (where you can state you wish to buy a player/ admire youngster etc) you could select "tell player his agent is making negotiations difficult". Often the player would ignore you, but if he really wanted to sign he might well sack his agent (I have seen agents sacked before, it would just be good if you could prompt players to do it)

Also, the PFA offer an agent service, do any players on FM have a PFA rep as their agent or is it all private agents they use (or is there no way of telling?)

One thing I think would be neat would be if you could try to convince a player to sack his agent (I assume you cant do this). Say you are on an agents disliked people list' date=' and he is making it impossible to get a certain player who would be interested in signing for you, or is making it very difficult due to his demands, it would be good if on the player interaction part (where you can state you wish to buy a player/ admire youngster etc) you could select "tell player his agent is making negotiations difficult". Often the player would ignore you, but if he really wanted to sign he might well sack his agent (I have seen agents sacked before, it would just be good if you could prompt players to do it)

Also, the PFA offer an agent service, do any players on FM have a PFA rep as their agent or is it all private agents they use (or is there no way of telling?)[/quote']

would love for these features to exist.. agents are the scums of the world and need to be taught a lesson..

Archived