Anyone not playing the FM11 demo for whatever reason?

This is a situation I've found myself in during the current and also the last couple releases of FM. I always seem to download and install the demo, but never actually play it. The demo for FM11 is in fact running as we speak on my PC but I have little desire to play it. One reason is that I have one of those great saves still going in FM10. Currently into my 19th season with Cordoba. It is very hard to give it all up and start all over again. However, the other reason is really a mystery, even to myself. For whatever it may be, I just can't be bothered with the demo. I couldn't be bothered with the FM09 or FM10 demos either. I honestly don't know why I have this mindset. Perhaps it's because I put a lot of effort into my careers and so don't want to waste any time, simply wait until the full game is out. That's just a guess though.

So, anyone else feel this way, or have some other reasons for not playing the demo?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I feel the same way. I only use the demos to have a look around the interface and check out the new features. I never actually play more than a few games, if that. I won't truly delve into FM11 until the full game is released; continuing my career save on FM10 till then.

im mainly playing the demo to test out the new features and get a general feel for the game but do feel i dont want to play the demo to much until the game comes out.

I still have FM10 on my computer but all my saved games i feel have come to a natural end and im bored of them...Arrrhhhhhh what to do!

Yeah for me im in two minds. I have started to play the demo and got through 3 friendlies with my Palace team. However, I don't really want to continue a game with a small database and only the english league available. So i'm not sure what to do. Its good to get a good tactic going, but if I start with Palace again i'll just have to repeat everything up to this point. Decisions, decisions

Played the demo for 1-2 hours. I always have a hard time playing a game that will be blocked early in the game (ie 6 months of the demo).

I'll wait for the full game, and then probably the december patch to start a "real game".

Sad that I have to wait all this time to enjoy the game though :(

I've been having a look at the demo to check out the new features and to scout out players, and I've holidayed through it a couple of times just to see how players perform, but I know I'd want to restart with a bigger database and more leagues so I also haven't bothered doing anything more.

I downloaded the demo, however, I can't seem to get past the first game without my PC turning itself off. I've checked my fan and it's not that, seems to be working just fine. It's really annoying as I'd like to be able to get past the first week without it crashing all the time!

Im the same, downloaded it Friday night, cannot be bothered with Steam, i don't play any other PC games.

Once its installed i just check the new players, values, stats etc and new features. Since unistalled. Once the first patch is out i'll buy the game, but otherwise no point because you can't start a game with bugs and data issues

If the demo was 3 or 4 season playable i'd play.. but it would be annoying to do well on the demo then have to quit in January

Never been able to get into the demo either. Always dowloaded it, sat around looking at stuff for an hour or so and then thought "as soon as the full game comes out, everything I've done becomes meaningless", so this year I've just thought I'll make myself wait

I have gone back to fm10 because fm11 was so slow on my computer it was unplayable and that was vanilla version but on fm10 i can run all english leagues with no problems so i dont believe that the spec are the same like si have said

Could be a technical problem. Did you report it on the technical help part of the forum?

Haven't downloaded the demo. Thinking of possibly skipping FM11 altogether. Am still loving my FM10 career save with Dover, and I'm thinking FM11 probably won't offer me much more. Maybe more in terms of slick menus and such, but not sure about gameplay. Anyway, maybe I'll get tired of this save in April, rest for half a year, and go for FM12 with renewed vigour. :D

Haven't downloaded the demo. Thinking of possibly skipping FM11 altogether. Am still loving my FM10 career save with Dover, and I'm thinking FM11 probably won't offer me much more. Maybe more in terms of slick menus and such, but not sure about gameplay. Anyway, maybe I'll get tired of this save in April, rest for half a year, and go for FM12 with renewed vigour. :D

Feeling as if I am going the same way too this year Whirlwind.

I don't like to play the demo, but curiosity always gets the better, so I installed it last night, had a play for an hour or so to look at the new features. However I don't see the point in starting a 6 month game, so am back to my save on 10 for the time being.

This is a situation I've found myself in during the current and also the last couple releases of FM. I always seem to download and install the demo, but never actually play it. The demo for FM11 is in fact running as we speak on my PC but I have little desire to play it. One reason is that I have one of those great saves still going in FM10. Currently into my 19th season with Cordoba. It is very hard to give it all up and start all over again. However, the other reason is really a mystery, even to myself. For whatever it may be, I just can't be bothered with the demo. I couldn't be bothered with the FM09 or FM10 demos either. I honestly don't know why I have this mindset. Perhaps it's because I put a lot of effort into my careers and so don't want to waste any time, simply wait until the full game is out. That's just a guess though.

So, anyone else feel this way, or have some other reasons for not playing the demo?

Feel exactly the same way- got a great save going on fm10 and i don't see the point of playing 6 months an then not being able to play for 2 weeks!?!

I actually playing PES right now, I do this every year. Enjoying PES while waiting for an FM patch to come out as the initial release usually have HUGE bugs every year :p

And around the time the first patch is out I usually get bored of PES, so this is the perfect scenario for me :D

I treid it to test a theory & then deleted it, not intested in FM11 until the final patch is released as I want to be sure that some of the new features are stable for long term (40+ season) saves.

Im not playing because it was released on steam only, dont care if it was available in other ways now, I resent being told to install crap like steam or itunes to do simple stuff like listen to an mp3 or download a demo.

Also, theres no point in carrying on a game as it will have a minimal database with minimal countries and the skin will make my eyes bleed.

I installed it but gave up after 30 mins. I find it difficult to get into a save that i know im not going to continue. Dont get me wrong the game looks great but i'd rather play a proper save when it comes out.

I end up not caring about results and just making daft decisions to test out new features.

I have a long term fm2010 save that im really enjoying, ill play that until the 5th nov and then I'll fully embrace the new game!

Archived