Tutor changes?

Is it not possible to have younger first team squad members tutored now?

I really wanted to have Nani / Anderson tutored by either Giggs, Scholes or Fletcher in order to bump thier mental stats up?

Last year I had Scholes tutor Anderson and Anderson became a world beater with his mental atts?

Is there anyway to do this now...The key area I want to focus on for both is decisions!

Well it certainly have changed ... usually only players in my U-18 can be tutored, and even then not all of them.

I have seen two players in my senior squad be able to be tutored though.

I still think it is a matter of Reputation score mostly.

Also it seems that 22 years old cannot tutor anymore, they are too young.

I posted this and never got a answear either.

The tutoring seems a bit random for example i was unable to tutor fabio with evra at the start of the season but a few games into the season i could.

It also seems injured players cant be tutors either.

It would be nice if some one from si can clear this up.

Its the main issue with the game for me and its putting me off pre ordering and buying it till its cleared up

• 2 weeks later...
In FM10 I could assign tutors to players under the age of 24, so you should be able to with Anderson and Nani as they are under 24.

Think it was 22. There was an experiment in the CSE forum but can't find it now. Had many detail/possibilties about why a tutor isn't working.

I tutored loads of 23 year olds in FM10...I always had to remind myself to tutor players as much as possible before they turned 24. If you can't tutor some 23 year olds then maybe it depends on CA/reputation?

Think it was 22. There was an experiment in the CSE forum but can't find it now. Had many detail/possibilties about why a tutor isn't working.

Is it not possible to have younger first team squad members tutored now?

The key area I want to focus on for both is decisions!

Tutoring doesn't change the Decisions attribute, the only visible attribute it changes on the profile page is Determination. Unless its been changed since FM10 that is.

Maybe its because of their CA, you can't tutor a player who has a higher CA than the player who will be doing the tutoring. Don't know for sure but I bet Anderson/Nani have a higher CA than Scholes/Giggs so they can't tutor them.... if any of that makes sense :)

I tutored loads of 23 year olds in FM10...I always had to remind myself to tutor players as much as possible before they turned 24. If you can't tutor some 23 year olds then maybe it depends on CA/reputation?

I got it the other way round. U22 players can't tutor.

I want answer from SI too.

Referring to the demo, I've got two 16 years old players (GK) but only one can be selectable for being tutored. I don't think it's a "contract issue" or similar. I sign a 21 years old GK from free agency and he can't be tutored too.

Plus, I take a striker to tutor a young one, this one refuse....and I can't ask my striker to tutor another young later? Doesn't make sense.

Really really hard to find tutors now. I have players with low CA but high PA in my U18-squad, and I can't tutor them with anyone on my first team, even if the reputation is much higher.

The only ones I can tutor are really horrible youngsters I don't care about anyway..

Really really hard to find tutors now. I have players with low CA but high PA in my U18-squad, and I can't tutor them with anyone on my first team, even if the reputation is much higher.

Plus if I buy player U-20 he can't be tutored doesn't matter if they in youth team or first team. Very disappointing.

It's strange I can't understand if it's a problem of tutor players or young players....

I can use a 30-old new signed striker to tutor my 20 striker (that past season I couldn't like to a tutor) but I can't use my 35 old model of professionalism with 20 determination (not joking) striker to him!

I decide to link my 30 old to a 16 youth...and now my 20 old can't be linked to noone.

Honestly this means, looking for Over30 players can be useless, if I don't know that it can be used as tutor.

Same for U23 with poor determination or personality, since you can't be sured they can be linked to someone. Personally it ruins the game. It seems like it's not a matter of reputation.

Is this the only thread talking about this?

Plus: if I have a player on loan or co-ownership, why can't I use it to tutor, to be tutored or to learn PPM?

If you have a coowned player that plays in your team you can use him as a tutor. Try with Palladino of Genoa.

If you have a coowned player that plays in your team you can use him as a tutee. Try With Walter Samuer of Inter and coowned player Felice Natalino (Inter).

Players in loan can't be used as tutoring.

Players in loan can't be used as tutoring.

Thanks for explanation on coownership players.

Regarding on loan players I don't find that thing as logic: there are many players on loan, that I can buy with the paying clause or that I can think to buy during a season. If I can't use them as tutor or being tutored it's all time wasted. Don't you think?

I think that in general every player that plays for my team should be avaible as a tutor if it should be a my decision.

Don't know why SI has choosen not to do this but this is for implementation, not a bug.

In the past years there was some problem with coowned player but it was corrected in some beta or patch of FM2010.

Don't know why SI has choosen not to do this but this is for implementation, not a bug.

Did I ever mention the word "bug"? ;p

I know it's a game design choice since tutoring has been introducted but it's something weird, in terms of realism and gameplay.

My main concerns anyhow are on "players selectable for being tutored". That's the main point I'd like to point it out.

• 2 years later...

A player can be a tutor if he is at least 28 years old. Even so, he'll not be able to tutor all of the younger players. Usually a selected few only, such as those playing in the same/similar position as him. Hence, Xavi won't be able to tutor, say, Tello.

Archived