Wage structure and bonus set up, a few ideas.

First off very excited by the new demo and cant wait to play the full game on nov 5th. Now down to the reason for the post, when i first starting playing the demo i went my team dundee utd, they have zero spending budget and are slightly over the wage budget of £33k buy a few hundred pounds so my first task is to try and generate some money for new players and lower the wage bill.

I start to go through my players contracts one at a time and i notice something strange, 8 out of my first 11 have outrageous appearance fee's and as they are in my first eleven i will be paying this fee roughly twice a week (taking into account both domestic cups and European football). For example Garry Kenneth wage £1,500 appearance fee £1,500 now as he is a first choice i will be playing him every game possible so on top of his weekly wage i am paying him this appearance fee x2 taking his wages to £4,500 per week most weeks.

A great place to start my financial overhaul i think so i enter into the contract negotiations, he wants a wage of £2,500 plus £250 appearance fee totalling £3,000 per week if he plays both games. Great a saving of £1,500 per week on one player, the player is happy he has a new contract i am have to have one of my best players on a longer contract and the board are happy the weekly outgoing s are down.....except they are not.

Due to the fact that the wage budget is slightly over i can not make this contract offer even thou is is financially far superior for the club, and this is the case with the whole eight of my first eleven players, i can save around £10,000 per week (to a club of Dundee utd size this would be massive)in total if i was allowed to make these contract offers but the board stand in my way.

Maybe the wage budget could be used to incorporate the bonuses as well, this will make things a lot more realistic and flexible and allow the gamer to be a lot more creative when negotiating contracts or perhaps there could be a separate bonus budget as well and just as you can use transfer funds to increase your weekly wage and vice versa you could also have the option of borrowing money from the wage and bonus budgets.

As i said before i think this would make the game more realistic (what board would turn down a £10k a week saving) and would also make contract negotiations a lot more dynamic and negotiable.

any thoughts ?

Archived