Dundee Utd 6 Blackburn Rovers 6!

MATTUK- You got drawn against Dundee Utd, not Dundee, Too get that wrong in football shows lack of knowledge! They clubs hate each other, like Ranger & Celtic. You would'nt say i got beat from Rangers when it Celtic you got beat by! I hate when people think there is only one side in the City of Dundee!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gregdfc:

MATTUK- You got drawn against Dundee Utd, not Dundee, Too get that wrong in football shows lack of knowledge! They clubs hate each other, like Ranger & Celtic. You would'nt say i got beat from Rangers when it Celtic you got beat by! I hate when people think there is only one side in the City of Dundee! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it's like Nots County and Notts Forest icon_razz.gif

(Apologies in advance to Forest fans)

I'm a Dundee Utd fan and get really annoyed when this happens we have a massive local rivalry with Dundee FC, not a nasty rivalry, fights etc but a strong bragging rights rivalry. Our stadiums are around 100 yards apart from each other across the road, check it on wikipedia

Hers a few historical facts for anyone who doesnt really know Dundee Utd.

Unbeaten in all competitive game vs Barcelona, and we actually beat them over two legs in 1987 on route to become the first Scottish club (and British club) to reach the UEFA Cup final 1987 and although we lost we were the reason that the Fair Play award was created because of the sportsmanship and respect shown by the Dundee Utd fans towards IFK Gothenberg's team and fans during and after the game.

We reached the semi final of the European Cup twice.

Duncan Ferguson began his career at Dundee Utd

Richard Gough started at Utd

Kevin Gallacher started at Dundee Utd

Andy Gray (Sky Sports pundit) started at Utd

Christian Dailly started here too

Paul Sturrock played for Dundee Utd only in his career and was manager here.

So its Dundee UNITED not Dundee.

GRANTOMAC, what about Liverpool, Spurs & Ipswich, all of whom won the Uefa Cup before 1987.

I agree with most of your comments but if you're on a miny rant it's always worth getting the facts correct first

I was under the impression, although may be wrong, I've not checked, that Celtic in 2003 were the first (and possibly remain the only) team to have their fans awarded the Uefa Fair Play award due to our excellent reputation.

You guys have nothing to complain about compared to being a Manchester City fan!

Every place in every country I go to will have someone that upon asking where I'm from will go

"Oooooh Manchester, like the football team Manchester, you like Rooney? He's so good!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ctingcter:

You guys have nothing to complain about compared to being a Manchester City fan!

Every place in every country I go to will have someone that upon asking where I'm from will go

"Oooooh Manchester, like the football team Manchester, you like Rooney? He's so good!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But when you say, no... CITY... they say... "City?... who de flucky well is dis CITY?" icon_razz.gif

At least Manchester United do the coourtesy to Manchester City of referring to themselves (or their fans doing so rather) as United, thus irritating supporters of every other club with United in the name instead of just City fans!

Up here there is only one club people refer to as United and it certainly ain't the Manchester version!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gregdfc:

MATTUK- You got drawn against Dundee Utd, not Dundee, Too get that wrong in football shows lack of knowledge! They clubs hate each other, like Ranger & Celtic. You would'nt say i got beat from Rangers when it Celtic you got beat by! I hate when people think there is only one side in the City of Dundee! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was under the impression that Dundee and Dundee Unt were quite friendly in terms of playing against eachother since thier stadiums are like a block apart from eachother.

I wouldn't know too much about them though as I lived in Glasgow and really am only familiar with Old Firm when it comes to the Scottish rivalries.

But I seen a documentary of sorts on the clubs of Dundee and they have their own Firm built up around both clubs so there's ownly 1 firm. But I'm not really knowledged on Dundee/Utd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I was under the impression, although may be wrong, I've not checked, that Celtic in 2003 were the first (and possibly remain the only) team to have their fans awarded the Uefa Fair Play award due to our excellent reputation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dundee united won the fair play award first.... they even got a stand named after it if i am not mistaken?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MattUK:

Got drawn againts Dundee in 1st round of euro cup. Won first leg at home 4-0 then decided to give some kids a chance in second leg.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8043/11aqm1.png

Is there a records thread I can add this to? ( i was 6-3 down too!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What record are you after? I'd've thought there are much higher scoring games somewhere?FM 2008 Records Thread

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaza91:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I was under the impression, although may be wrong, I've not checked, that Celtic in 2003 were the first (and possibly remain the only) team to have their fans awarded the Uefa Fair Play award due to our excellent reputation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dundee united won the fair play award first.... they even got a stand named after it if i am not mistaken? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quoted from wiki:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The pinnacle of their achievements in Europe came later in 1986-87 when United became the first Scottish club to reach the final of the UEFA Cup. Along the way, United repeated their 1966 feat of eliminating FC Barcelona, this time managed by Terry Venables and featuring British players Gary Lineker, Mark Hughes and Steve Archibald. United defeated Barcelona home and away; they remain the only British side to date to achieve this in any European competition, with a record of four wins from four games. Although they failed to beat IFK Göteborg in the two-legged final, there was glory in defeat as FIFA awarded a first-ever Fair Play Award to the club for the sporting behaviour of the fans on a memorable night at Tannadice Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

I was under the impression that Dundee and Dundee Unt were quite friendly in terms of playing against eachother since thier stadiums are like a block apart from eachother.

I wouldn't know too much about them though as I lived in Glasgow and really am only familiar with Old Firm when it comes to the Scottish rivalries.

But I seen a documentary of sorts on the clubs of Dundee and they have their own Firm built up around both clubs so there's ownly 1 firm. But I'm not really knowledged on Dundee/Utd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heres how close the stadiums are

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/521/tanagu5.png

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GRANTOMAC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

But I seen a documentary of sorts on the clubs of Dundee and they have their own Firm built up around both clubs so there's ownly 1 firm. But I'm not really knowledged on Dundee/Utd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heres how close the stadiums are

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/521/tanagu5.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. I seen that on a documentary. I was shocked.

Pretty cool though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

i got a shock when i got a news article for a div one match saying that the score was 11-1.

then i realised it actually said

'so and so beat so and so in division 1 1-1' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

althoug by 'beat' i do obviously mean 'drew' icon_biggrin.gif

Archived