Massive change in squad performance between pre-season and regular season?

Anyone notice their squads performing fairly well in pre-season and then falling on their face once regular season started?

I played two premiership league reserve teams and managed good results (a one goal loss, and a draw) as a BSS team. Good results for the rest of my games too. Regular league play starts and my players can't pass, they ignore balls right in front of their face, pass the ball directly to opposing players wide open in front of my own goal, and can't score from 2 feet in front of the net. I didn't change anything, so what the heck happened?

Furthermore, I found the officiating changed massively as well. I went from 2 cards in 6 games to 6 cards in one game, almost every game. I've had 4 players sent off in 6 league games, and I've racked up over 20 yellows already. Seems a little ridiculous to me. Especially when the cpu is acting like they're Spain no matter what team they are, and completely destroying my teams while not picking cards.

Anyone else experiencing this type of thing?

Remember that your players (and opposition) mentality should be different in a friendly, its a different type of fixture. You don't have to go in studds flying or really push yourself to make that extra yard.

Also if your a big team, chances are your playing lesser teams and beating them no problem. Once the competitive season starts players have to transition their play.

Remember that your players (and opposition) mentality should be different in a friendly, its a different type of fixture. You don't have to go in studds flying or really push yourself to make that extra yard.

Also if your a big team, chances are your playing lesser teams and beating them no problem. Once the competitive season starts players have to transition their play.

except by that logic, I should be doing better, not worse.

If they don't care about the friendlies, and I'm a BSS team playing much better teams (2 out of 6 games were against premiership reserve teams) for the most part, I should be preparing myself well for a good set of results, not suddenly falling flat on my rear after performing well against much better teams. Anyway, started another game in the French Ligue 1 and I'm doing much better as Stade Rennais.

Archived