Is every new version getting more annoying than the last one or is it just me?

Hi,

I've been a regular CM/FM player since 1998. I've enjoyed some versions more than others but since 2007 I just stopped playing the new ones. I still play '07 and even start new saves on it. The reason is newer versions are getting bloated with features I don't care about. Press conferences - answering the same questions over and over, season after season. I agree it is part of manager's life but I don't want to deal with it. And since I don't trust my assistant with attending them I have to live with it. I want a way to disable it. Team talks - it is better to choose manager personality in the beginning and be done with it. They are only 5-6 options to choose from anyway. Agents - filling my inbox with so much junk. I could go on. People are constantly moaning about this and that feature but this just takes the fun out of it. I just want to get on with playing. Reality is for real managers, we should be just having fun. FM should be about tweaking with tactics, buying/selling/scouting/nurturing players and not getting upset at the whole world when you loose THAT playoff final.

On a side note I would like SI to have a break and spend one year polishing the current features and match engine instead of adding new stuff. Nobody will be too upset with small number of features in FM12 but seeing bugs drag on from FM08 is a spoiler.

What do you think?

It's just you IMO, I tried going back to FM05 back in March (for a bit of fun) and quit out after an hour playing, because so much of the stuff you can do in FM10 and 11 is just missing (and I don't meand 3D, don't mind that). Interaction is almost non-existent, training is far more difficult to grasp, board interaction is pretty much minimal, and a lot of the mind-games stuff is just not there.

Hi,

Reality is for real managers, we should be just having fun. FM should be about tweaking with tactics, buying/selling/scouting/nurturing players and not getting upset at the whole world when you loose THAT playoff final.

This sums up for me too what the game should be all about. It's getting too complex now I'd say,a bit too realistic for a game.

I think FM08 was a drop, and each of the subsequent FMs has been a minor improvement on the one before. I really enjoyed FM07, and it's the only previous version I still play.

If you don't like agents contacting you, then disable them.

Personality at the start wouldn't work because it wouldn't let you make decisions for yourself, especially with regards to individual players, and you could just get your assistant to do them.

Archived