Please make setting up Opposition Instructions easier!

Right then, another rant, sorry :thdn:

Opposition instruction are pretty important in the game imo. Unless I set them, some defenders just act like clowns and let the opposition waltz right through. This is not a complaint however. Yes, a manager should take the time to set individual instructions against the opponents, particularly the attacking ones. But the amount of clicking involved in setting opposition instruction is just stupid. Say, I want to set 2 out of the 4 OI (closing down and show onto foot) for the 6 attackers of the opposition. If my calculations are right, that involves 18 clicks, which is far too many before each and every game.

Using 'ask assistant' is also pretty useless, all he does is set show onto foot for the attackers 90% of the time. Is this because of my assman? If it is, why can't I specify to my assman, 'Look here, I want you to set show onto foot - weaker and closing down - always for all the opposition forwards and attacking midfielders in every game as default, if there is a different type of player we're dealing with, I'll change it then.' I don't care what football philosophy the assman has, the only reason I'm giving him this job is because it involves too many clicks for me to set them.

Possible solutions?

1) Have a screen where I can set default OI for every type of opposition player (forward, attacking midfield etc), which is carried into every game. If I want to make a change ingame, I can do that.

2) Have a screen where I can specify what sort of OI I prefer to the assman, and then he implements them before the game when I click 'ask assistant'.

/rant over

Possible solutions?

1) Have a screen where I can set default OI for every type of opposition player (forward, attacking midfield etc), which is carried into every game. If I want to make a change ingame, I can do that.

2) Have a screen where I can specify what sort of OI I prefer to the assman, and then he implements them before the game when I click 'ask assistant'.

This has been discussed before and whilst I also agree it takes a lot of clicks to set the OI unfortunately its difficult to see a way of reducing it at present.

As for your ideas I'll take a winger to demonstrate its just not as simple as you suggest, for example take a AMR with a very strong right foot:

Do I show him inside onto his weaker foot?

What about if his left foot is "fairly strong" do I want him cutting in and shooting still?

What about if he is very creative? do I want him cutting in and playing a striker through?

Maybe I want him pushed wide because the strikers are less threatening in the air

What if the opposition bring a big striker on? do I still want him crossing?

How fast is my fullback? Can he push him wide effectively and block a cross? or is it better to show him inside into traffic?

Basically every match is different where you face different players, saving OI instructions just won't work.

This has been discussed before and whilst I also agree it takes a lot of clicks to set the OI unfortunately its difficult to see a way of reducing it at present.

As for your ideas I'll take a winger to demonstrate its just not as simple as you suggest, for example take a AMR with a very strong right foot:

Do I show him inside onto his weaker foot?

What about if his left foot is "fairly strong" do I want him cutting in and shooting still?

What about if he is very creative? do I want him cutting in and playing a striker through?

Maybe I want him pushed wide because the strikers are less threatening in the air

What if the opposition bring a big striker on? do I still want him crossing?

How fast is my fullback? Can he push him wide effectively and block a cross? or is it better to show him inside into traffic?

Basically every match is different where you face different players, saving OI instructions just won't work.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Your point is valid but not every winger (as an example) is a Messi or a Ronaldo to be able to do all of that. When you come up against these special players, you need to change them. Even if there are say 20 such players in your league, that means you'd have to change only the 20 instructions throughout the season, rather than setting everything up before every single game. The amount of clicking is simply too much imo

I agree kind of... I think the thing isn't nessesarily hard, there just needs to be less clicking. :p

I would argue that it needs to be more in depth, i mean i don't have the demo so i could be wrong, but in 2010 it was just a matter of "closing down" - Always etc. I mean what manager does that :p

Seeing as there is a more conversational feel to the game i think that you should be able to have conversations with your players about players to watch and moves to make etc

Obviously addressing the players in groups (attack, mid, def) would be easier. There are floors in that idea :p it was made up on the spot, so don't bother criticising, but the thought was there, it does need to be more complex, yet quicker to use.

Archived