Would be kinda useful...

More explanatory scout/coach report.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. More explanatory scout/coach report.

• Yes i'd like it.
    • No i wouldn't like it.

You know when a report says "so and so is your fourth best striker" or somethiing similar, be it an internal player report or an external scouting one. It would be sort of useful to have the statement state who your scouts consider 1-2-3 and then fourth in some way. It could simply be an amending of the already present scout reports. For example "Joe Bloggs is your 2nd best midfielder behind Dim Sum who is your best/at #1/ or w.e (would be good to keep it as concise as possible though) and in front of Jack Mcurt who is your third."

It could then go on to say the others below, or before the player in question, but if this was implemented it wouldn't really be needed. It's just, idk about you but i take my opinions on players first, then the scouts/coaches etc if i can't decide, which is rare. However they can be useful and interesting. Like many things already in the game, a competant and regular player doesn't need a lot of the things in the player report or profile, but it's always interesting and fun to compare your thoughts and assumptions with the ones made by you scouts/coaches etc.

• Administrators

I understand what you're saying but I think there's a couple of issues with this. I think too many people are hung up on attributes rather than 'performances' (I admit I do this myself) - it's all well and good saying Joe Bloggs is your best midfielder - but if you don't play him in the right system or his consistency is low, he could be awful for you, constantly getting 5-6 ratings in matches. Personally the manager should be deciding who is the 'first best/second best' midfielders in squads - the assistant should have their opinions but I don't think it should get to the point where your assistant is practically picking your team for you (unless you select that option! ;))

I understand what you're saying but I think there's a couple of issues with this. I think too many people are hung up on attributes rather than 'performances' (I admit I do this myself) - it's all well and good saying Joe Bloggs is your best midfielder - but if you don't play him in the right system or his consistency is low, he could be awful for you, constantly getting 5-6 ratings in matches. Personally the manager should be deciding who is the 'first best/second best' midfielders in squads - the assistant should have their opinions but I don't think it should get to the point where your assistant is practically picking your team for you (unless you select that option! ;))

Oh no yeah i totally agree. Like i said in my opening statement "idk about you but i take my opinions on players first, then the scouts/coaches etc if i can't decide, which is rare. However they can be useful and interesting. Like many things already in the game, a competant and regular player doesn't need a lot of the things in the player report or profile, but it's always interesting and fun to compare your thoughts and assumptions with the ones made by you scouts/coaches etc."

Archived