Demo Install Problem Mac

• SI Staff

Nothing happening at all? No error message or anything? It sounds like it could be a permissions issue to me, are you installing on an administrator account? Do you have an external hard drive at all? If so you could try installing the demo from there

Managed to get installer working by copying it and running it from external hard drive as suggested. Also I have to install in a different location as it would not let me use the 'Sport Interactive' Folder in applications as I didnt have 'write permissions' for it. Might be because FM2010 still installed?

Right click on your application folder and get information. If you are not listed as administrator at the bottom click + and add your name as new user/admin with read/write permission.

it's most probably because you don´t have full admin permission on your harddisk and some folders. As mentioned above you can check that by right click on your harddisk icon and the folder and open information. If your username is not listed at the bottom and it says tyou have only permission to read you can add it manually.

• SI Staff
I double click the downloaded file and I'm asked to unzip it.

Once unzipped, I have two folders called Installer Data and Windows. Where do I go next?

Thanks

It sounds like you've downloaded the PC version rather than the Mac one, you'll need to download the Mac version to get it working

I am having the same problem as most of the posts above. I have downloaded both the strawberry and the vanilla installers for mac, but when i try to open them nothing happens. I have updated java, deleted fm2010, deleted the cache/preferance files, I have both the read/write permissions, I moved the file to an external HD, I even made another on my mac, but still and still nothing happens...

There was something in one of the posts to install it on external HD, how do you do that?

I have no idea what to do next, any ideas???

I haven't got an external hard drive and I don't have any USB flash drives that are large enough to store the file. Is there any chance that you might be re-releasing the game on Steam? I understand that the version currently on Steam is a build from several weeks ago that contained a bug that causes the game to crash after certain transfers (specifically those that break your club's record). In the meantime, has anyone else found success with another method?

I had the same issue, my account is an admin account but still no joy. right clicked on 'Macbook HD' and specifically gave the chriselliston user read/write permissions to the whole HD and worked after that. I had a few system files that it couldn't grant perms to (presumably because they were in use), and had to click ok and a hundred times, it also took quite a while.

Archived