FM11: Agents annoy the hell out of me but...

I think their inclusion in the game is fantastic.

I'm playing as Leeds and half the team's contracts need renewing.

I offer a contract to Bradley Johnson and the agent wants £175K. Yeah. i don't think so mate lol.

Agents in the game are now making me pay more attention to renewing contracts and helping me decide which players I would rather keep that are worth the money.

Anyway I did a bit of negotiating and he accepted £100K in the end.

It's going to be harder financially when in lower leagues but all I say is bring it on.

How does every1 else feel about the agents.

I agree, it does make me wonder how realistic the fees are. I don't know much about how much an agent receives for transfers of their client, I know they make lot of cash out of it but I didn't know that the fees were so high for renewing a contract. Do agents really make that much money from their clients signing new contracts?

Agents are 1 of the biggest features for me in a long time at first i thought i hope they dont pan out like press confrences etc but no there really good and really well balanced add a whole new dimension to contract negotiating :)

Great idea but as a few other thing not working properly. Just had a bid for a player accepted (who wants to join me) for 14 mil. He wants £45k a week and a 2 mil signing on fee. His agent wants 17 mil yes 17 mil. This is absurd. Also on contract negotiations if you agree a deal and another club comes in you can't renegotiate, again this is dumb as what manager worth his salt wouldn't go back in and offer more?

Surely things like this and the terrible player interaction should have been spotted at beta testing?

Great idea but as a few other thing not working properly. Just had a bid for a player accepted (who wants to join me) for 14 mil. He wants £45k a week and a 2 mil signing on fee. His agent wants 17 mil yes 17 mil. This is absurd. Also on contract negotiations if you agree a deal and another club comes in you can't renegotiate, again this is dumb as what manager worth his salt wouldn't go back in and offer more?

Surely things like this and the terrible player interaction should have been spotted at beta testing?

I can honsetly say daz this sort of fee must be a bug if it had come up in beta trust me it would of been reported

give your save to si team and let them take alook as its defo a bug :thup:

I can honsetly say daz this sort of fee must be a bug if it had come up in beta trust me it would of been reported

give your save to si team and let them take alook as its defo a bug :thup:

i don't think it is a bug, i think its showing how gready agents can be, just look at the agent stats when negotiating that will give an idea of what they are like.

You can bring that amount down by a few million though, just give it a try, offer say 10 mill and see what he says.

i don't think it is a bug, i think its showing how gready agents can be, just look at the agent stats when negotiating that will give an idea of what they are like.

You can bring that amount down by a few million though, just give it a try, offer say 10 mill and see what he says.

An agent fee of 17m is a bug mate trust me

This is the "proper release"

Wally as i remember when I was testing so where you, was this something that was raised a a concern, along with the set piece creator that isn't actually a creator at all, player interaction and contract negotiations? I'm curious because they are pretty big complaints so far.

Wally as i remember when I was testing so where you, was this something that was raised a a concern, along with the set piece creator that isn't actually a creator at all, player interaction and contract negotiations? I'm curious because they are pretty big complaints so far.

Well been a ex testa daz you'll no the si guys will be looking at these threads and trying to improve the problems you mention :thup:

Its not a set piece creator? What is it then?

have you tried negotiating down? Although its not a signing fee or agent fee when i first contacted Arda Turan he wanted 80k a week after one counter offer i managed to get the down to 35k. I know the agent fee deceased quite a lot as well, cant remember the actual figures though. Maybe fm is trying to make negotiating a key area of the game, however i do believe the fees need to be toned down a bit to seem more realistic, transfer fee to signing fee.

I agree, it does make me wonder how realistic the fees are. I don't know much about how much an agent receives for transfers of their client, I know they make lot of cash out of it but I didn't know that the fees were so high for renewing a contract. Do agents really make that much money from their clients signing new contracts?

Yes, they do.

Otherwise they would be inclined even more to make sure their clients change clubs rather than renew their contracts.

The agent fee is usually linked to the salary of the player, i.e. a certain percentage.

there is a limit between enjoying the game and get frustrated by the agents ..

and SI should deal with that in a much more sensitive way

i doubt any Agent will ask 17m fee for himself for 14m deal, I doubt even CR agent get a similar fee ? is he trying his lack or just a negotiation tactic ?

I had 2 experience with them and they were demanding alot for both players and themselves .. I managed to reduce the players wage demands for about 70% but had to increase agents fees by 30% :( not fair for players !!

For a £14 mill deal no way would an agent ask for that. However, what happens when you negotiate down? In FM10 there were some ridiculous figures around transfers, but with some negotiating it was almost always taken back down to earth.

Footballl is a funny game guys. Imagine if you were playing FM10 and Rooney demanded 250k p/wk? Would you have called that a bug? Not saying 17m is NOT a bug due to the the player and transfer fee, but the characters in the football industry are truly off their rocker, and i think SI is doing well in trying to reflect that

I think it's brilliant that agents are included in the game, adds a touch of realism. The fact they recommend their players is a lovely feature and found it even better when I saw a player had sacked his agent :)

I think the majority of us fm-ers (or maybe just me) will have to learn how much is acceptable to give the agents. We all know how much is to much for a player, but how much is to much for an agent? I have no idea.

i doubt any Agent will ask 17m fee for himself for 14m deal, I doubt even CR agent get a similar fee ? is he trying his lack or just a negotiation tactic ?

What was 14m? The transfer fee? Yearly wage? Wage over whole contract duration?

What was 14m? The transfer fee? Yearly wage? Wage over whole contract duration?

we were all talking about the post n.7 mate

I didn't had that issue..it is dazbowski.. who had his bid of 14m accepted by the club to see the agent demanding 17m for player contract !!

we were all talking about the post n.7 mate

I didn't had that issue..it is dazbowski.. who had his bid of 14m accepted by the club to see the agent demanding 17m for player contract !!

Ok sorry.

Indeed the claim is way over the top.

Assuming a contract duration of 4 years, irl an agent in this deal could expect to be paid 500k-1m in this deal from my experience.

The transfer fee amount only matters if there is none.

Are there actually any REAL agents on the game

eg. is Pini Zahavi actually Ashley Cole's agent (if he still is IRL) or is it some randomly generated name?

No real agents are in the game. I think SI would have to pay them for them to be in the game. :p

Are agent demands a bit high? Yes. Are they reasonable? Erm..as reasonable as how much you would pay them. :p

I think as we get used to the agent system it would be 'easier' to decide how much to give an agent. But I don't think agents are this rich IRL so I do think they should be toned down a little.

If agents got this much money IRL I would probably try becoming a player agent hehe. :D

I think it's a great idea because It adds more realism to the game and also as someone else said it makes you focus on your budget and how your going to manage on a small fee, Cheers SI!

There are all types of agents in this world, and some of them just make absurd demands. So I understand that most of you would consider some of these values "bugs", but trust me on this, there are people who really demand stupid amounts in some deals. All depends on the person you are dealing with.

Some of the fees do seem completely ridiculous. However, it's good that you can negotiate quickly and easily with players so you get instant feedback when you reduce wages and fees. So if an agent wants £10m as a fee you can knock it down to £1m and immediately see the result instead of waiting a few days in-game.

Some of the fees do seem completely ridiculous. However, it's good that you can negotiate quickly and easily with players so you get instant feedback when you reduce wages and fees. So if an agent wants £10m as a fee you can knock it down to £1m and immediately see the result instead of waiting a few days in-game.

I think the new 'conversation' based negotiations are fantastic. I wasn't sure when they were first announced but I'm loving the instant feedback from the offers.

Archived