Advice about Danger Men. Please SI I can't go through this for another year!

The one thing that always bugged me in FM2010 was in the backroom advice screen getting advice about releasing comments about a player being the big threat in the next match.

Well whenever I've seen this come up after constantly checking is when I am one click away from the match. Meaning that by following this advice I have just clicked away seconds of my life on something that will not have any effect on the player in question.

So what's the point in being advised this? Why do we get advised this so late rendering it pointless?

I had hoped this would be changed in FM2011 ideally to be notified when you can actually take the advice and use it to any effect whatsoever.

Alas upon playing the demo this has not happened.

Please SI can you change this. It drove me to distraction on FM2010.

If this isn't fixed I think I will go even more insane.

I have just had a response to how my Kick Off time released comment has effected the player and they are feeling nervous about the upcoming game which is 2 days into the past.

This response is 2 days after the game and this "nervous" player scored 2 goals.

Not impressed.

It's a bug that bugs me far too much I got over it last year thinking that this year it would be sorted. But the demo has proved that this has slipped through. I really hope that this is fixed come the release day patch.

I like the idea of this feature but it's rendered pointless by how late the advice is given. In real life you wouldn't be advised to speak to the press about a player 5 minutes before K.O. so that the player feels pressured after he's played a blinder against you.

Well then if it has zero effect then why did someone at SI take the time to put it in the game at all? Would kind of be ****ing in the wind putting in a feature that has zero effect and always comes in too late for any effect, which would be zero anyway, to be implemented.

I would assume it's in the game because it has an effect on gameplay.

Yeah but if the consequences are a player being nervous or scoring a hattrick, its simply not worth bothering mentioning it.

If you choose the players correctly, then they'll be nervous more often that motivated.

Well then if it has zero effect then why did someone at SI take the time to put it in the game at all? Would kind of be ****ing in the wind putting in a feature that has zero effect and always comes in too late for any effect, which would be zero anyway, to be implemented.

I would assume it's in the game because it has an effect on gameplay.

It does have an effect, it often either raises or lowers the player's motivation, and you could always release the comment before it is suggested if you are desperate to. I do agree that the staff members should suggest it earlier, though to be honest when I've done it based on their comments it tends to have an effect. I've not tried on FM2011, admittedly.

Archived