much better than FM 09 and FM 10

Only been playing the demo for about an hour, will play it more later, have to get some other stuff done first. But I have to say so far I'm impressed. The graphics are great as usual, the 3D is much better this year as opposed to FM10 and FM09 was the worst I've ever seen. Knock on wood, but I have not encountered any major bugs yet. However, I do have a couple complaints. First, I'm still seeing a lot of unncecessary long shots, and players don't seem to take the ball inside the penalty area much. Now granted, when it comes to soccer management I am absolutely rubbish, just playing the game for fun. I know my complaint on several other versions of the game was that it felt more like I was managing for real than having fun. All that said, so far I'm enjoying this demo. My favorite part is the new communication and player interaction, with both the press and the players. Much enjoyed. I do still have a liking to WWSM 07 the best, but I could definitely see myself picking this game up at some point. Right now, I'm going to have to play the demo more and see if I encounter any bugs or crashes. Thanks SI for making a better game than FM09 and FM10!

I believe I did mention that in my post, that I thought the match engine still needed work. I'm still seeing a lot of shots from 20 and 30 yards out. This has always been a problem for the FM games though. I think the new features make this game better than in the last couple years, IMHO. However, my favorite version is still 07.

I believe I did mention that in my post, that I thought the match engine still needed work. I'm still seeing a lot of shots from 20 and 30 yards out. This has always been a problem for the FM games though. I think the new features make this game better than in the last couple years, IMHO. However, my favorite version is still 07.

You did indeed mention that.

However, the main 'draw' of the game is surely supposed to be the ever improving match engine. This is the problem, and I'm not even going to criticize SI for it because it is an impossible task. Of course, it can never be anywhere near perfect, but the engine is a mess, and has been for several versions.

Why is the fm07 match engine still better than the fm11 engine? I already know the answer - because it is an impossible task. I just hope they get it working adequately by the final patch. All I want is a great football manager game and I still trust that SI will deliver, although due to the complexity it will likely be through luck rather than human intelligence.

I agree, ME is always going to be a problem for this game. I thought WWSM 07 had the best ME of all the ones I played (I think I started playing with the 05 or 06 version.) However, I do think that SI will make improvements on it, at least I'm hoping. I agree, I wish it was better, but for me it's not so bad, as I go on vacation for most of my games. When it comes to hands on with the matches, I usually skip them. That's just the way I like to play, which is why the ME isn't a totally big deal for me. As it stands, I'm still enjoying this version more than I have the last couple versions.

Archived