Fm 11 - trying to sell players

hi guys i've recently been playing the fm 11 demo, now i've started games with a couple teams and i ahve players which im trying to get rid of

and whenever i offer them i've never gotten a cash offer only loan bids, is this a problem that everyone's getting, not exactly a problem but srsly cumon someone make a ****ING BID!! especially when i wanna fund for new players, maybe its jst the demo, miles if your reading this, can u fix that PLEASE AND THANK YOU

It's not necessarily the demo, but the fact that the game starts the way it does. What I mean is that the clubs' budgets are estimates of what the clubs have left AFTER the spending they did this summer IRL. Therefore many clubs don't have much of a budget in the first season and it will be quite hard to unload players naturally because very few have the necessary money. That's just the way it is. If you still can't sell anybody in the summer of 2011 in the full game you may complain all you want. Wait until then though.

Edit: Also in the demo only one country is active at a time. If you load up more leagues there'll likely be at least a little bit more interest.

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried to avoid starting a new thread about this, so ill rant in here instead.

I currently have a list of players i cant even give away for bloody free! Im into my second summer so this whole bs of teams having spent all their money is a cop out of an excuse now.

A couple of versions ago we had this problem then they appeared to do something about it in later games, now we're back to square one.

Its ruining my save now because money i had hoped to raise from these sales is not going to happen now. at this rate ill have to pay a club to take them off me!

Is anyone else having this issue?

yepp same for me too .. seem Recession is hitting FM hard too .. Park, O'Shea for 1-2m no one is coming !! Gibson in loan, 0 fee, 0% of wages !! and no bloody club is interested !! the Gibson one is really puzzled me ... why no club want him in loan free of charge !!? comn he is not that bad? poor guy has to be rotten in the reserve !!

I haven't got a single high bid/bidding war for any of my players yet (in 2015 currently)

The AI seems to love buying average players for a lot of money, but never from me! I get a lot of player-unsettling rumours, but no bids that other teams get for lesser players :(

Very frustrating!

As Farnborough one of my first jobs was to get the stupidly high wage bill down. This pretty much meant a complete staff turnover asap.

I had no problem getting rid of players if I offered them for free and even got a little cash for those players who had a bit of club interest in them.

I sort of dislike how SI updates the databases with anachronistic data. If you're going to update it at least make the starts line up with the data.

Like last year, if I start in July 2009 I should still have Voronin, but if I apply 10.3 Voronin is gone already.

Because there's nothing to be fixed?

Sound yeah, nothing wrong with the game. Nothing wrong with offering a number of decent players for free and not one club is interested.

I've actually stopped playin my save now in the hope I can resume it when/if a patch comes to fix it. The fact I have to even do that is an absolute disgrace. If we buy a product the very least is it should fcukin work properly.

Despite SI claiming their quality and processes are the best they have ever been I find that highly laughable and highly insulting

I'm into my second season with Manchester United and so far I've tried to sell Nani (he was unhappy), Anderson, Gibson, Park, O'Shea, Amos, Kuszczack, Diouf, De Laet, Amos and James. The only bids were two for Nani but both were non-negotiable and the exact price the game values him at (£8.25m). If I was to buy Nani from another club it would cost me £15-20m yet when selling I have to accept £8.25m or less. This is from Real Madrid and Barcelona too, not clubs exactly strapped for cash. I managed to sell Vidic (massively unhappy that I gave the captaincy to Ferdinand, refused to talk to me ever again) to Barca but that was for a pathetic £9m, despite him being one of the best defenders in the game and being worth at least £20-25m. It's just ridiculous, I'm stuck with masses of players in my squad that I can either get sod all money for or just wait for their contracts to run out. I've tried playing the players I don't want to try and get them noticed but that hasn't worked so they're just rotting in the reserves, clogging up my squad and inflating the wage bill. Massively frustrating. The other teams in the game, particularly Chelsea and Man City, are constantly buying hugely mediocre, unknown players for inflated transfer fees yet no-one will buy the far superior players I'm trying to sell.

Im having this problem too, most players i am lucky to get over £2M for. 4 years in i couldnt offload Andy Carroll for £1m, and the best offers i had were £4M for Jonas (4 years in) and with his performances should have bene getting at least 6. other than that the only "realistic" offer i had was £9M for Buonanotte from Man city when he was valued at 4m.

I'm glad somebody is getting success with selling players, but with the amount of complaints above and myself currently suffering by this problem.

It's obviously a bug in the game to a lot of players.

Hopefully the mods can shed some light on this situation.

SI have already commeneted that the transfer system is being looked at for patch 11.2, i'd imagine there will be some sort of fix for this.

Yeah, the transfer system is still a bit dodgy.

I like that you can buy players for reasonable prices sometimes. But its a bit rubbish how

1) You can't sell crap players on high wages usually. Robbie Keane and Crouch are on 60k and no one even looks at them.

2) You can only ever get the players value if you offer them out.

• 1 month later...

lol, the best wage management i found is offering your player mutual termination, like arshavin, he had the match the highest earner clause on his contract, 185k a week wasn't value for money for specailly when i had nasri, hazard and paulo henrique all below 90k i offered him to clubs no one wanted him so we parted on mutual grounds and i didn't even need to pay him to leave he was confident of findin a new club he said, my transfer budget went up by 10m, so if ur looking to save money learn to cut ur losses

player with mutual termination so far: rosciky, arshavin, bendtner, gibbs, walcott, diaby

oh, make the player unhappy first makes things easier

I have found the first transfer window is always difficult to sell players in. Teams tend to have bought all the players they want to buy (except the human user) so demand is low, even when you offer on a free.

Most times now, I just turn off the transfer budgets for the first window and ride with it, or else holiday one season and take control of the club I want at the end of May.

Otherwise, the end of the season June/July is the best time to sell players in my experience.

Because there's nothing to be fixed?

Nothing to be fixed my ass!Transfers are broken!2nd season or 3rd season the AI,never pays more than face value for your players even after enquiring about them.I have never ever completed a cash plus player deal because nobody wants to go.And no they are not on high wages.Mario Kirev who is transfer listed and rotting in the reserves for a season said he was glad that an offer from Sunderland was accepted after i offered him to clubs... Couple a days later he rejects them because he wants some bonus after a certain first-team appearances or something.That and at least 8 other offers.

Mario Kirev who is transfer listed and rotting in the reserves for a season said he was glad that an offer from Sunderland was accepted after i offered him to clubs... Couple a days later he rejects them because he wants some bonus after a certain first-team appearances or something.That and at least 8 other offers.

I found this happens all the time when I loan someone out with an option to buy. The club tries to buy them and they ALWAYS reject.

We're talking about players who are on small wages, not needed and rotting in my reserves, they refuse to sign a deal with the club they're on loan at.

Best bet is to set a reasonable asking price for the player just before the transfer window opens and then tell the Player he is surplus to requirements. Usually alerts clubs that the player is available if you notice minor interests then offer him to clubs.

I've had considerable success selling the likes of : Anderson - (Athletico M, 10.5M Pounds) ; Vidic - (Real Madrid,11.5M Pounds) and Park (Palermo)

Archived