Love/Hate

Dear SI,

I honestly love FM more than my wife(she would kill me if she say that), I've played it since FM '06 and instantly fell in love with it, no game is more in-depth than this management simulation. But I am not writing you today to proclaim my love for FM, thats for another day. No, I'm writing you today because of the frustration at the inability of trying to purchase your latest installment in the series, Football Manager 2011. I've been to countless websites trying buy the game or in this case pre-order a copy, since it is not sold in retail stores here in North America(at least not any electronic or gaming stores I've been to). This is also a problem as I do not have the luxury to walk-in and purchase a copy as fellow fanatics in the UK are. What I'm trying to get at is that it usually takes up to 3 months for me and my friends to be able to play the new FM.

I love FM but HATE that I have to wait to get the game while others can play the new game(not being a cry baby), but why isn't the Football Manager series sold in stores to a broader wider market making the game even more profitable. By no means at all am I trying to tell you how to run your business but I LOVE this game too much to have to wait longer than other gamers.

I am especially trying to get this game before I leave for deployment so as I have something to keep me focused and motivated while overseas. Thank you in advance for taking time out of your busy schedule to read this and hopefully market this wonderful game in the United States.

Yours Truly, :thup:

Roby

P.S. Steam sucks

SI do not have control over where the game is sold, or by what means, method, or price. I assumed that FM or Worldwide Soccer Manager was released on the same day in the UK as it was in the US. Why not use Steam? I note that you think it sucks but does it suck that much that you'd rather wait 3 months?

Archived