Frame Rate Issues In 2d

I don't want this to be a rant thread slagging off SI, as apart from this, I'm really enjoying the game. I play in 2d, I completely switch 3d off when I get the game.

Sometimes it can be fine, but quite often it starts stuttering loads. I really don't know what the problem is, never ahd this on any other FM on this computer. I'm not running any virus scans in the background, only Itunes. Feels a bit wierd after playing Fallout 3 with no stutters, to going to FM and it stuttering loads :\

Specs: E6850 @ 3.0 Ghz

2GB 800Mhz RAM

8800GT

320GB Hard Drive (it's still got 100gb's of space left)

Any help would be great.

• Administrators

Hi Dan, first of all I need to check, what sort of graphics card are you running? Also have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? Details on how to check both these things can be found in our FAQ here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230210-Football-Manager-2011-Demo-FAQ

Let me know, thanks.

I have the same effect when in 3D. The game runs smooth then suddenly it starts to become jerky, then a few seconds later back to smooth.

All drivers etc are uptodate

I have the following specs.

AMD X4 2.8ghz CPU

ATI Radeon 5750

6gb DDR2 800memory

Win7 X64

Hi Dan, first of all I need to check, what sort of graphics card are you running? Also have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? Details on how to check both these things can be found in our FAQ here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230210-Football-Manager-2011-Demo-FAQ

Let me know, thanks.

As I stated in the first post, I'm using a 8800GT Nvidia. I just updated my drivers a couple of weeks ago, so they should be up to date. I do notice that when I check the task manager, that FM is often using 92% of the processor power when in matches that are jerky.

Oh and I'm using Windows 7 X32

As I stated in the first post, I'm using a 8800GT Nvidia. I just updated my drivers a couple of weeks ago, so they should be up to date. I do notice that when I check the task manager, that FM is often using 92% of the processor power when in matches that are jerky.

Oh and I'm using Windows 7 X32

Exactly the same here. Sont Vaio VGN-FZ21M, Intel Core-2-Duo 2.0 gz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 8400GT. Seeing that the CPU is hitting almost 100% during the match - which is ridiculous.

• Administrators

Very odd, sorry for missing the graphics card first time around. What resolution are you all running and what detail level (in the preferences under Display and Sound).

Let me know, thanks.

Hey

Same problem here! In the 3D game gets a little jerky! :(

I have the following specs.

Intel Core duo T9550 2.86hz CPU

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

4gb DDR2

The graphics chipest drivers and the directx are uptodated, following the instructuons in the FAQ's about Fm2011 thread.

I set my graphics chipset to "high quality".

Resolution 1600x900 windowed mode (max allow)

In FM2011 i have my graphics set to "high" and all sounds turn off!

Any ideas/downloads to correct this?

Exactly the same here. Sont Vaio VGN-FZ21M, Intel Core-2-Duo 2.0 gz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 8400GT. Seeing that the CPU is hitting almost 100% during the match - which is ridiculous.

Resolution 1280 x 800 px.

Detail level: Does'nt seem to make a difference - high-medium-and basic produce the same extreme jerkyness and huge CPU use..

Resolution 1280 x 800 px.

Detail level: Does'nt seem to make a difference - high-medium-and basic produce the same extreme jerkyness and huge CPU use..

Slightly better in Windowed mode admittedly. Still a bit laggy - CPU is no longer 100% but now 60%.

Slightly better in Windowed mode admittedly. Still a bit laggy - CPU is no longer 100% but now 60%.

Just moved he detail level up to medium and the CPU has shot up to 95%. Why is this happening? Surely the GPU shuld be ding the majority of the processing.

I just notice one thing, maybe you could confirm these or not... because i dont know if it's a optical ilusion or not...

But... for me i think the games only gets jerky, or at least it's when it's more jerky, in long passes or long shots. When the ball it's "stuck" to a player the game runs smothier!

Do you notice this?

After switching to windowed, after a couple of games it seems better, but there is still stuttering at times. Oh and Keyzer (love the name btw :D ), I haven't noticed that, it seems random.

i'm probably going nuts, with my nose stuck to the screen trying to notice where the "jerkyness" happens! lol

I just notice one thing, maybe you could confirm these or not... because i dont know if it's a optical ilusion or not...

But... for me i think the games only gets jerky, or at least it's when it's more jerky, in long passes or long shots. When the ball it's "stuck" to a player the game runs smothier!

Do you notice this?

I get this in Full Screen mode.

Hey Neil Brock,

Any advance on this issue? And if there's a solution from SI part, will the patch, to be release 5 november, will cover it?

PS: Just notice that my CPU runs in 10/15% during the game, but when i go to the 3D simulation sometimes goes for 90/100%! That's never happen in FM2010! :(

Archived