FM11-Realism

After sorting most things out on the game. One of the things I do before clicking continue is trying to extend the contracts of key players. I have had a few good negotiations and a few bad negotiations already. The best one I have had is where I managed to get Luke Chambers and his agent happy within 2 attempts. The worst one I have had is where I tried to get Paul Anderson and his agent happy. The main issue was the release clauses. In previous FM's I would just put the release clauses up to £200m. and that was that. However, now you can't do that. I tried putting it up to £200m and he didn't want any of it. So I then lowered them to £10m and again he wasn't happy and was sticking to what he wanted his release clause to be. Eventually I managed to get him to budge and I got it to £4m and £3m for the 2 clauses that he wanted in his contract. Even if I was a lower league team and couldn't reject £500k, I would still put it to £200m. All I am trying to say is I like the realism of the contract negotiations, even if I may lose a key player if a club bids for him. I would just like to say thanks to all the SI team that make this game as once again you have made the game better than the previous years :).

Minimum release clauses are low from what I have seen so far. Gomes won't budge on a 5.5 million release clause (which is his current value in my game).

I'm not sure how I am going to deal with it yet.....but I definitely don't want my best players with 5 million release clauses.....

Minimum release clauses are low from what I have seen so far. Gomes won't budge on a 5.5 million release clause (which is his current value in my game).

I'm not sure how I am going to deal with it yet.....but I definitely don't want my best players with 5 million release clauses.....

I don't want my players to have a release clause either mate but the fact for me in my game it's added realism. Imo, I don't think Nottingham Forest irl would turn down £4m for Paul Anderson.

Yeah I have found that the clasues players expect are a lot more realistic.

Also,if you cant afford to pay the wages that an agent is requesting, offering clauses etc. seems to be a way of appeasing them...In my limited FM11 experience these clauses are also used in a more realistic manner.

Archived